Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two-reel Comedy info needed

Ray Faiola

I just picked up a two-reel comedy sans titles.  I am 90 % sure that it is an RKO-released short from 1931 called SECOND HAND KISSES with Louise Fazenda and James Finlayson.  Also in it are Tiny Sandford, Harry Bernard, Billy Barty and Edith Fellows.

Curiously, under close inspection I found two frames in near fade-out of the title TOO MANY ORPHANS with Louise Fazenda and Jimmy Finlayson.  There are no references anywhere to this title.  Also, since an RKO-released short of that period would not have a mere main title card, I have to assume this is a retitled print for early home rental.  The END title is also generic and not an RKO end title of the style used in the 1930-31 shorts with Benny Rubin et al.

Does anybody know a comedy short in which Louise Fazenda agree to marry but each have a child in an orphanage and try to get each other to adopt their own respective child.  This is the picture I've acquired and wish to confirm it is, indeed, SECOND HAND KISSES.

second_hand_kisses.jpg

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings