Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GREATEST FILM NOIR/GANGSTER MOVIE POSTERS

MultiEye

Great posters for some very fine films.   I love The Maltese Falcon poster;  wow is that over the top.   Bogie doesn't even shoot a gun in the film.   He does take the two 45's from the 'kid'  and he hold them similar to poster while showing them to the kid's boss (the fat man),  but that is it.   He doesn't blast anyone (the police do that but off screen).

• Like 1

Great posters for some very fine films.   I love The Maltese Falcon poster;  wow is that over the top.   Bogie doesn't even shoot a gun in the film.   He does take the two 45's from the 'kid'  and he hold them similar to poster while showing them to the kid's boss (the fat man),  but that is it.   He doesn't blast anyone (the police do that but off screen).

Thanks, yeah that's pretty damn cool & a good movie.

fiveminutrestolive.jpgd6782.jpgscarfaceposter.jpg

More nice posters but I'm surprised by the Scarface ones since they both mention Raft and Karloff but not Ann Dvorak.     Ann was a very interesting actress.   While she didn't make a lot of films (she had problems with the studio system),   her performances enhance all the films I have seen her in.

But I guess with a movie with a title like Scarface the ad wanted to promote the male stars over the female  (while The Petrified Forest poster clearly is promoting that the film stars Bette Davis).  

PS:  The Petrified Forest is my favorite film.  Yea,  #1 in my book,  but that is another story!

• Like 1

More nice posters but I'm surprised by the Scarface ones since they both mention Raft and Karloff but not Ann Dvorak.     Ann was a very interesting actress.   While she didn't make a lot of films (she had problems with the studio system),   her performances enhance all the films I have seen her in.

But I guess with a movie with a title like Scarface the ad wanted to promote the male stars over the female  (while The Petrified Forest poster clearly is promoting that the film stars Bette Davis).  

PS:  The Petrified Forest is my favorite film.  Yea,  #1 in my book,  but that is another story!

Couldn't agree more with ya on The Petrified Forrest. Bette Davis, Leslie Howard & Bogart's characters are really dynamic & interresting. Even the extra's have good dialogue. Everything Ms. Davis did is #1 to me in my book. She had a certain charm about her appearance that all the other actress' didn't have. She was real, intelligent, good natured & extremely beautiful in every way imaginable. And that is why she is my favorite actress.

Annex%20-%20Davis,%20Bette_NRFPT_09.jpg

I see that the latest set of poster for The Petrified Forest feature Bogie as well.   So I guess they had different poster for different marketing purposes.     

Bette Davis is also my favorite actress.     We appear to have a lot in common.  

• Like 1

I see that the latest set of poster for The Petrified Forest feature Bogie as well.   So I guess they had different poster for different marketing purposes.     

Bette Davis is also my favorite actress.     We appear to have a lot in common.  

She's the most gorgeous woman that ever graced the screen of her time & arguably today. True, there were extreme knock outs like Miss. Joan Crawford etc... but to me it's Miss Davis all day every day.