Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GORGEOUS WOMEN OF THE SILVER SCREEN

Wow, MultiEye! I've never seen a picture of a young Margaret Dumont. She was actually quite cute.

(...is it only me, or did young Maggie have sort of a Sylvia Sidney thing goin' on there?)

That picture looks like Sylvia Sidney because it is Sylvia Sidney.   Here is the young Margaret Dumont:

tumblr_m9psjyRhqZ1r1x0ppo1_500.jpgmargaret-dumont_zpsf0512d37.jpg

• Like 1

That picture looks like Sylvia Sidney because it is Sylvia Sidney.   Here is the young Margaret Dumont:

AAAH! Thanks Stoopnagle. I thought there might have been something amiss with that picture being said to be Margaret Dumont. I couldn't totally believe someone's appearance could change that dramatically over time.

This kind of thing(misnamed pictures of classic era actors) occasionally happens when those who upload them into the internet misname the image, and this is what probably happened before MultiEye did his Dumont online image search and then posted that picture.

(...it certainly is a good thing SOMEBODY is at least, ahem, "fighting for this lady's honor" around here, ain't it!) ;)

This kind of thing(misnamed pictures of classic era actors) occasionally happens when those who upload them into the internet misname the image, and this is what probably happened before MultiEye did his Dumont online image search and then posted that picture.

Yes, and in all fairness, that image has been attributed to Maggie in several places.

Even worse, if you google 'Groucho Marx', Google's main image for him is Frank Ferrente doing a Groucho imitation. :rolleyes:

(...it certainly is a good thing SOMEBODY is at least, ahem, "fighting for this lady's honor" around here, ain't it!) ;)

...which is more than she ever did! :P

• Like 1

AAAH! Thanks Stoopnagle. I thought there might have been something amiss with that picture being said to be Margaret Dumont. I couldn't totally believe someone's appearance could change that dramatically over time.

Gotta give me some credit though, not many young people today even know who this lady is, & my mistake even fooled you so there you go. lol

• Like 1

Thanks for the awesome posts NirckAndNora34. A great addition to the thread, keep em comin'!!! Didn't hear of Eleanor Parker or Virginia Grey so I will check em out for sure. Thanks again.

If you've seen Sound of Music (1965), Eleanor Parker played the Baroness Schrader... And Virginia Grey was in like 100 films or so

• Like 1

If you've seen Sound of Music (1965), Eleanor Parker played the Baroness Schrader... And Virginia Grey was in like 100 films or so

Oh ok, yeah the name sounded familar, but I couldn't place the name with a face. I don't have to worry about that anymore now lol

• Like 1