Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GORGEOUS WOMEN OF THE SILVER SCREEN

When hubby sees these older movies, he says, "They don't build 'em like that anymore." 

I guess your husband hasn't watched any films with Scarlett Johansson in 'em, eh rosebette?!

(...'cause while I personally don't find her all THAT "beautiful", there is NO denyin' that THAT young lady's bod harks back to those days of yore!)

• Like 1

I guess your husband hasn't watched any films with Scarlett Johnassen in 'em, eh rosebette?!

(...'cause while I personally don't find her all THAT "beautiful", there is NO denyin' that THAT young lady's bod harks back to those days of yore!)

No kiddin', this thred is straight up dedicated to Turner "CLASSIC" Movies to the true beauties of yester year. If you want Scarlett that's cool cause she's certainly a fox no doubt, but this is what the topic say's "CLASSIC", but thanks for the reminder cause I do agree there lol

Scarlett-Johansson-hot-Black-Widow-avengScarlett-Johansson-photo-4.jpgscarlett-johansson-don-jon-movie-promo-sScarlett_Johansson_41.jpghot100_2013scarlett_johansson_slide.jpgscarlett-johansson-vogueedi.jpg

I'm glad that you included some unconventionally beautiful women like Bette Davis and Barbara Stanwyck.  The picture of Davis looks as if she's without make-up.

I consider Bette Davis extremely beautiful. Yeah she had her good & bad days as we all do, but the photo's & her fiolm performances are 2 different justices entirely. She captures her own charm on film as a still phto does differently. Her early shots as depicted in my Bette Davis thread, shows her true beauty that a photoshop or art expert couldn't fake or amplify. A great talent & arguably one of the most gorgeous actress' of her time. She embraced all her roles & would go above & beyond, & for that I commend her & honor her legacy & beauty she graced us with. God Bless Bette Davis & her life.

m5pckrli2tl3kclm.jpg

I just saw Meryl Streep interviewed at UMass Lowell (and coincidentally Lowell is Bette's birthplace).  In the interview, Meryl talked about how unattractive she thought she was as a young woman during the Kramer vs. Kramer period ("fat and with a long nose"), but on seeing pictures now, she realizes how beautiful she was.  I wonder if Bette felt the same way. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Bro!

(...man, what a cutie she was!)

Yes sir, she was & still is quite the looker. There's plenty more where that came from. Any more requests that I haven't got around to yet, shoot 'em at me. Draw!!! lol In the meantime, here's some more Jean.

Miss Jean Simmons

07-jean-simmons-d.jpg936full-jean-simmons.jpg15413_EC010_H1_122_1041lo.jpg25-jean_simmons_theredlist.jpgJean%2BSimmons%2B1948%2Bsweater.jpgwpsimmons01.jpg41-jean_simmons_theredlist.jpg30-jean_simmons_theredlist.jpg

Yes sir, she was & still is quite the looker. There's plenty more where that came from. Any more requests that I haven't got around to yet, shoot 'em at me. Draw!!! lol In the meantime, here's some more Jean.

Miss Jean Simmons

Uh-huh! How's about another cutie little brunette(my favorite kind), and another Jean? Jean Peters.

(...and her lookalike, one Miss Audrey Dalton, would be nice too!)

• Like 2

Uh-huh! How's about another cutie little brunette(my favorite kind), and another Jean? Jean Peters.

You got it bro, 2 hotties on a dish, comin' right up!!! lol

Miss Jean Peters

Jean-Peters-classic-movies-9934298-1751-captain-from-castile-jean-peters-1947-evJean-Peters-classic-movies-9934308-1662-Annex%20-%20Peters,%20Jean%20%28Captain%\tumblr_mbn8g0wPwI1rqd5coo1_500.jpgJean%2BPeters.jpg\

Dargo, I like your choices, I've been a big fan of Jean Peters for a long time now, and Audrey Dalton could have been a near twin to Jean. Are you aware that Audrey Dalton made an appearance on a Girl From U.N.C.L.E. episode with Miss Stefanie Powers?

I'm a lady attracted to men, but my vote goes to the lovely Cyd Charisse as the one I wish I looked like

cydcharrise.jpg

If I couldn't look like her (and dance like her of course) I'd probably go with Gene Tierney

gene-tierney_6df4bcf0.jpg

Nice pics, Glad to have you abord the thread & thanks for the share. I'm sure you look just as good as these 2 over here & if not then I'm sure you once did. The outer beauty is one thing, but the inner beauty of the soul is hard to come by. If you have any requests for me to look up & share for this thread I'll be more than happy to help out. :)

Dargo, I like your choices, I've been a big fan of Jean Peters for a long time now, and Audrey Dalton could have been a near twin to Jean. Are you aware that Audrey Dalton made an appearance on a Girl From U.N.C.L.E. episode with Miss Stefanie Powers?

Aah! No, I didn't know(or maybe remember) that, Mr.R. I was probably too transfixed upon Stefanie at the time! ;)

Do you remember if Audrey played a "good" or a "bad" spy in it? With her looks of what I always felt could either be 'the girl next door" OR "the femme fatale", she could have played either.

(...btw, and speaking of "Daltons", I always had a thing for Abbey too...one of the sexiest overbites since Gene Tierney!)

I just saw Meryl Streep interviewed at UMass Lowell (and coincidentally Lowell is Bette's birthplace).  In the interview, Meryl talked about how unattractive she thought she was as a young woman during the Kramer vs. Kramer period ("fat and with a long nose"), but on seeing pictures now, she realizes how beautiful she was.  I wonder if Bette felt the same way. 

I'm sure she did, it's one thing when the person is a critic of their own appearance, & another how the other person percieves it.

I'm sure she did, it's one thing when the person is a critic of their own appearance, & another how the other person percieves it.

And a thought of Bette's which was confirmed during one of those recently shown Johnny Carson interviews with her, and in which I recall her making a comment about how "beautiful" she thought she was as a young actress while watching herself on TV many years later.

(...though as I ALSO recall, she DID say she thought Kate Hepburn more beautiful than herself back then and wished she looked more like her)

• Like 1

Hey now, I requested some actresses awhile back.  What do I have to do, change my name to Dargo3 to get a response lol?

Btw, they were Gene Tierney, Linda Darnell, Maureen O'Hara and María Móntez.  Whenever you can.  Thanks in advance.

And a thought of Bette's which was confirmed during one of those recently shown Johnny Carson interviews with her, and in which I recall her making a comment about how "beautiful" she thought she was as a young actress while watching herself on TV many years later.

(...though as I ALSO recall, she DID say she thought Kate Hepburn more beautiful than herself back then and wished she looked more like her)

Well this isn't Johnny Carson, but it's a great interview of the last time Miss Davis looked decent enough before her health declined. Great interview & talks about similar things you just said.