Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Threads on upcoming DVD/Blu-ray releases - where are they?

BingFan

There used to be several very popular threads where upcoming DVD and Blu-ray releases were discussed.  There was a general thread on upcoming releases, as well as threads devoted to particular label releases (e.g., Warner Archive releases, Fox releases), and a thread on upcoming sales on DVDs/BRs.

Are these threads still available somewhere? 

I can't find them, and judging from the number of people who used to post on them, I would guess that they're missed by others, too.  I'm a DVD/BR collector, so I found them very useful for keeping up on upcoming releases.

If they're not available now, I hope that the TCM Administrator will restore them!

(I believe these threads were previously in a subforum under "Genres," but I don't see them there now.)

For what it's worth, I believe the sub-forum for these discussions was named "Classic DVD Reviews."

Does anyone know if these threads are still available?

Bing, 

The "Classic DVD" forum is coming back. 

It seems to be still packing for the great migration from the old boards to here but, never fear, it will arrive.

Bing, 

It seems to be still packing for the great migration from the old boards to here but, never fear, it will arrive.

Sounds great -- thanks for confirming!  I'm looking forward to the return of this very informative forum.

I just discovered the Warner Archive Shop a few months ago.  What a wonderful mistake that was.  Haha.  I ordered myself "Footsteps in the Dark," "Never Say Goodbye," and "Four's a Crowd" as a Christmas present to myself.  Then for Valentine's Day, I ordered "The Sisters," "Green Light," and "Mrs. Grant Takes Richmond," and let my husband know what he had gotten me for Valentine's Day.  Who needs flowers and candy when you can get old movies instead! 

There are so many more movies on there I want to get.  I'm hoping TCM will air some of the films I'm considering so that I can watch them before purchasing.  I didn't watch "Footsteps in the Dark" or "Never Say Goodbye" before purchasing, but it's my darling Errol Flynn, I figured I wouldn't be disappointed and I was right!

• 2 weeks later...

Bing, 

LZ -- Any word on when the "Classic DVD" forum will be restored?

Since it's been a couple weeks since the new message boards debuted, I just wanted to be sure that this hasn't slipped through the cracks.  Thanks!

LZ -- Any word on when the "Classic DVD" forum will be restored?

Since it's been a couple weeks since the new message boards debuted, I just wanted to be sure that this hasn't slipped through the cracks.  Thanks!

Bing,

The Classic DVD forum has finished its lollygagging and decided to join the party finally.

It is located now on the main forum page!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings