Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Memorial Day Marathon

ElCid

While there are a lot more WW II movies than any other type, TCM is not showing any Vietnam War movies on Memorial Day.  It seems that few of their military days feature movies about the Vietnam War.  Any particular reason for this?

Also, Memorial Day is meant to honor those who died serving America.  Veterans Day and Armed Forces Day are meant to honor those still living.

While there are a lot more WW II movies than any other type, TCM is not showing any Vietnam War movies on Memorial Day.  It seems that few of their military days feature movies about the Vietnam War.  Any particular reason for this?

Also, Memorial Day is meant to honor those who died serving America.  Veterans Day and Armed Forces Day are meant to honor those still living.

Well most Vietnam movies would be post code movies (or post studio era),  and too many people at this forum already complain that TCM is showing too many post 1968 movies.      

A year or two ago, for Memorial Day weekend, both TCM and AMC aired THE GREEN BERETS within hours of each other. The AMC version was 45 minutes longer and it wasn't that it had extra footage.

I would like to see some Nam movies, too. The Green Berets and We Were Soldiers I

always enjoy watching. 

Maybe next time.

• 2 weeks later...

A year or two ago, for Memorial Day weekend, both TCM and AMC aired THE GREEN BERETS within hours of each other. The AMC version was 45 minutes longer and it wasn't that it had extra footage.

i've never tuned into amc.

i hate commercials, and they feature way too many films post 1969.

I rented Cecil B. DeMille's "The Ten Commandments" one weekend before Easter, determined to begin watching it at the same time ABC aired it on network television. Somehow I started watching an hour after the network telecast had begun, but I finally caught up with it about the time the Israelites were allowed to leave Egypt!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings