Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TEST PHOTO SIZES HERE

FredCDobbs

Test

Enlarge Screen, Copy Screen, Convert to JPG, Add Text and Arrows,

Post as Thumbnail Attachment, Enlarge Attachment,

Save Large Photo URL Address, Post Large Photo above

Thumbnail. If successful, pour yourself a cup of coffee and smile. :)

post-9473-0-41458500-1396897393.jpg

post-9473-0-41458500-1396897393_thumb.jpg

post-9473-0-41458500-1396897393_thumb.jpg

If you have the URL address for a very large photo, you can down-size the photo by going to TinyPic and use both their URL box and their down-size features. Click on the URL button and then place your photo's URL address in the blank URL box. Then select a proper size to reduce it to. This new message board will take a wider image than the old message board, such as 640 pixels wide.

To get a photo out of your computer file, one with no URL address yet, just post it to a message as an ATTACHMENT, and it will automatically be given a jpg URL address, and then, if you need to, you can use that address on TinyPic to reduce the size of the photo.

Link to TINYPIC:

http://tinypic.com/

post-9473-0-74089300-1396920575.jpg

HOW TO POST A YOUTUBE VIDEO:

On a new message text page, click on this button:

2q9011e.jpg

When the BBCODE selection comes up, click on it, then click on "MEDIA".

112cpjt.jpg

THEN ADD THE REGULAR YOUTUBE VIDEO CODE,

THEN POST THAT AND YOUR WHOLE MESSAGE.

2z89tuq.jpg

The Video should then show up on your thread page post.

• Like 1

For several days this board was saving the large ATTATCHMENT photos as JPGs, but today I couldn't get that to work. So I had to turn my photos today into JPGs using TINYPIC, which also has a feature that allows for the reduction of photo sizes.

I use an odd method to turn a screen copy, a computer screen grab, into a JPG photo.

First, I saved a completely white photo by scanning a white sheet of paper. Then I have a small Microsoft photo editing program that allows me to put one photo on top of another. So I bring up the white photo, and then I copy my computer screen when I need to, then I paste that copy over the white photo, and that somehow turns my screen grab into a JPG photo, and I can add text and arrows to it and save it as a JPG. Then I copy it to TinyPic to the size that I need. And that is what you are seeing on this page as my screen grabs. :)

Fred,

When you "screen grab" do you save it - are you asked what file name you want to save it as?

XP should also have a field directly under that field where you can select file type - this should let you select .jpg when you save.

If this is working on your system it is easier than your overlay.

Fred,

When you "screen grab" do you save it - are you asked what file name you want to save it as?

XP should also have a field directly under that field where you can select file type - this should let you select .jpg when you save.

If this is working on your system it is easier than your overlay.

It won't save it as a JPG that way. Only as a mht, or an htm, or a txt file. Not as JPG or GIF

It won't save it as a JPG that way. Only as a mht, or an htm, or a txt file. Not as JPG or GIF

This is where Windows gets slippery. It could be you are not saving the file to an appropriate folder (Pictures or Paint... ). Document folders may only accept those you mentioned.. text - not images or photos. So it only offers text filetypes.

My XP used to try to save some of my pics and screen captures to Documents and I had to switch folders in the save screen - sometimes switch filetype too because it would rearrange that on me. Weird. 

This is where Windows gets slippery. It could be you are not saving the file to an appropriate folder (Pictures or Paint... ). Document folders may only accept those you mentioned.. text - not images or photos. So it only offers text filetypes.

My XP used to try to save some of my pics and screen captures to Documents and I had to switch folders in the save screen - sometimes switch filetype too because it would rearrange that on me. Weird. 

I can save a screen grab as a photograph only on Paint, in a Word Document, and in the Microsoft Picture It photo editing program.

sometimes switch filetype too because it would rearrange that on me. Weird. 

Years ago, when I first added Real Player and Quick Time to my old Windows 98, they would fight with one another for dominance. Sometimes Windows Media Player would get into the fight too. I mean, they would fight as I watched them un-plug each other and try to become my "main" media player. Sometimes they would do that for several minutes, untill I killed them. They were inside my compuer trying to push each other out of the way. That was a strange experience.

I can save a screen grab as a photograph only on Paint, in a Word Document, and in the Microsoft Picture It photo editing program.

After you get it opened in Paint, select File in the upper left. The drop down menu should give you an option to Save as - selecting this will open a Save as window which should let you add a filename of your choice and filetype of JPEG or.JPG or anything begining with J

The Save as will always open this window allowing you to modify the file type and name. Selecting Save (not Save as) will just re-save everything under the current name and type - instantly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After you get it opened in Paint, select File in the upper left. The drop down menu should give you an option to Save as - selecting this will open a Save as window which should let you add a filename of your choice and filetype of JPEG or.JPG or anything begining with J

The Save as will always open this window allowing you to modify the file type and name. Selecting Save (not Save as) will just re-save everything under the original name and type - instantly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks! That works! :)

• Like 1

Years ago, when I first added Real Player and Quick Time to my old Windows 98, they would fight with one another for dominance. Sometimes Windows Media Player would get into the fight too. I mean, they would fight as I watched them un-plug each other and try to become my "main" media player. Sometimes they would do that for several minutes, untill I killed them. They were inside my compuer trying to push each other out of the way. That was a strange experience.

I went through this myself when I had my Windows Vista in my laptop. Many times I would get a pop-up on my screen telling me I needed this and that player so I took the bait. It was like Wrestlemania  :P  I finally uninstalled both and have been happy ever after. I just use my new desktop computer now and Media Player handles all my requirements.

----------------------------------------------

Update

New computers' Media player no longer contains DVD/BluRay players however, Dell includes a fine one they have licensed and is taking up the slack.

Alright! The My Pictures folder is just where you should be with this. The next time you save and the window opens into My Documents, just click up or down, forward or back a folder to get back to My Pictures and you are set.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to post a photo, and you already have its URL address on the internet, then go to your REPLY TO THIS TOPIC box and click this button. Then post the photo's URL address and then press on OK. Your photo should show up like this one:

Here's the URL address:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2012bh2.jpg

Here is the photo:

2012bh2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...