Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MY FAVORITE MUSIC

MultiEye

As cautious as I am around disco music, I must admit I enjoyed Santa Esmeralda's take on "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" and got a kick years later when Q.T. used it in Kill Bill, Vol. I.

Moving on to guitar music of the 60s and beyond, I'll leave the rock greats such as Hendricks, Clapton, Page, etc. to those more astute to post their best work.  I drifted toward jazz back then and in the 60s, the soothing sounds of bossa nova was prominent.  My favorite piece, and one the most beautiful melodies written (by Antonio Carlos Jobim) was Meditacao, recorded by Charlie Byrd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVonSvPQh2o

Speaking of stuff no one's heard, the 70s saw the emergence of jazz-rock to the scene. Blood, Sweat and Tears followed by Chicago were big hits with me.  There was also a little known group from England called "If."  Substituting woodwinds for brass they displayed some great musicianship. Their guitarist, Terry Smith, winner of several Melody Maker Music Awards, is showcased in this rather longish piece from the If2 Album. His solo starts a little after the three minute mark, and builds layer by layer over the next four minutes. 

Wow, thanks for introducing me to these cats. Real groove man, & I dig that "Modern 70's"/80's sound combining the song structure, the keybords & the energy those tracks have. Just searched  up these gems from If.

Glad you liked them. I got to see IF live back in the early 70s at a South Florida Community College concert - a very talented group.  Two of their instrumental recordings I can recommend are "What Did I Say About the Box, Jack?" from their first album "IF" and "Fibonacci's Number" from IF3. Both feature some great flute and sax work.  For more guitar from Terry Smith, check out "Shadows and Echoes" from IF2.

Glad you liked them. I got to see IF live back in the early 70s at a South Florida Community College concert - a very talented group.  Two of their instrumental recordings I can recommend are "What Did I Say About the Box, Jack?" from their first album "IF" and "Fibonacci's Number" from IF3. Both feature some great flute and sax work.  For more guitar from Terry Smith, check out "Shadows and Echoes" from IF2.

That's awesome. It's a great feeling to have seen & know about something that you only have to have been there to know who they are today. So getting those gems out there is much appreciated, thanks to modern technology (the internet). If you have any similar artists like that I would love to check out some Jazzy, Guitar, whatever it may be. I am a music connoisseur & appreciate ALL walks of music & lifestyles. I have some great modern gems that I'm sure nobody's heard of & is really a shame that there's always gonna be epic amazing music that's either never heard, or hard to remember or capture. IF is a great band, thanks for sharing that again.

Probably my two favorite Led Zeppelin songs.  Many thanks, MultiEye!

(Does anyone else think of Jerry Lewis when Robert Plant sings "Hey Lady?")  :)

Not right away but I see what you mean. I'll post some more Zeppelin that's just as good as the ones I already posted.

Archived