Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Off Topic Forum added

lzcutter

The Admins have added a new forum (located on the Main Forum page) it is called Off Topic Chit Chat and is the last forum on the Main Forum Page.

JakeHolman and those who enjoyed the "A Dog's Life" thread will find the thread in that forum:

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/forum/142-off-topic-chat-chat/

• Like 2

The Admins have added a new forum (located on the Main Forum page) it is called Off Topic Chit Chat and is the last forum on the Main Forum Page.

JakeHolman and those who enjoyed the "A Dog's Life" thread will find the thread in that forum:

Thank you ma'am for the efficient assistance.

I'm wondering, what can one discuss or not on the Off Topic Forum? Certain things prohibited? Just being careful.

I'm wondering, what can one discuss or not on the Off Topic Forum? Certain things prohibited? Just being careful.

If it's like other forums I go to, usually they try and keep things like politics and religion out of it and anything that might seem seem "offensive", "racist" or hurtful. Generally, as long as people use good judgement, there shouldn't be a problem.

Ham,

TCM WebAdmins have been telling us for quite some time that these forums are dedicated to talking about TCM, the films they show and threads dedicated to films.

But, often, posters want to delve outside that circle and talk about television shows, music, and other topics that aren't related to TCM, the films they show or films at all.

This new forum gives posters a place to go to talk about those other topics without disrupting conversations or causing disruptions in the forums by talking about topics outside the intended scope of the boards.

It is hoped that by offering an Off Topic forum (a request that came from within the community), that it will allow posters the freedom to talk about more than just TCM, the films they show and threads dedicated to films without disrupting the on-topic conversations.

:D Regarding the It's a Dog's Life thread:  Thank you, Administrators, for giving us our pooches and American scenery back.  With all the problems I felt you deserve some praise for something going right.  I'm getting the hang of the new system; if we can just get Joe/Mongo back on board, it will be almost perfect.  Hey, nobody or nothing is.      

It is hoped that by offering an Off Topic forum (a request that came from within the community), that it will allow posters the freedom to talk about more than just TCM, the films they show and threads dedicated to films without disrupting the on-topic conversations.

That is a great idea and the location of the new forum is just right.

Thanks so much for helping us along. You've been a big help getting this new board off to a great start! :)

Thanks, everyone for the kind words, I truly appreciate it. The migration had bumps in the road for some posters, but the opening day glitches seem to be being dealt with..

Patience, this week, may not be such a bad idea.  Even though most of the TCM staff is in the City of Angels for the Film Festival, the techs and mods are still on the job.

Please contact TCMModerator1 if you are having posting issues.

If you have posting questions, please let me know!

Despite the greater level of technical capability, there's something more intimate about the new board which I can't quite explain. I'm sure a great deal of thought and effort went into this excellent new creation.

Despite the greater level of technical capability, there's something more intimate about the new board which I can't quite explain. I'm sure a great deal of thought and effort went into this excellent new creation.

The avatars gives a "face" to relate to.  Let this be a fresh start for everyone to forgive and forget about any past issues.  :)

I've noticed some problems (trolls / spammers) have not raised their ugly head.

I think it's the HAL 9000 avatar that's lipreading our conversations..

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings