Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Love the 20 people reviewing

kphilliard

I just saw the first TCM viewer introduce a film.  It is so neat to see young people interested in classic film.  I am a substitute teacher, and I find that students who are interested in classic film are much more interested in history, art, music, literature..the list goes on!  Thank you!  On another note, I am very sad about the passing of Mickey Rooney!

Yes, this is fun. TCM has done it two or three times. I like to see the different people, different ages, different types, etc. :)

Wait till you see the youngest fan programmer ever! He is a big film buff and he's only 10 years old!

He's introducing Modern Times later this week!

http://www.examiner.com/article/tcm-s-youngest-guest-programmer

Scroll down a couple of posts:

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/46677-tcm-ultimate-fan-video-entries/?hl=%2Bprogrammer+%2Bcontest&do=findComment&comment=937607

Here is what I said about him:

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

I think TCM needs to get that 10 year old kid in the studio with Bob.One thing I learned about kids, while in the news business, is that they are often afraid to let other kids know they like "old folks stuff". But if just one of them speaks out, like this 10 year old, and especially if he gets on TV, then all the other kids will want to imitate him, and will know that it is ok to like Adult Stuff.

I saw Michelle Curtis's introduction for Show People and felt that she did a great job.

The staff of TCM certainly knows how to pick these people.

They all look so "average", but they seem so nice looking and intelligent.

I think the 10 year old is on later tonight.

Fellow fans blessed enough to be guest hosts this week-you really know your stuff.  I've enjoyed your film choices and comments.  Can't wait for the rest of the week!      

I wish they would use some of these people again.

They did use a few of the original group again several times. I think CineMaven and Filmlover were used again several times or maybe they were in some promos.

That 10 year old kid needs to come back several times. Also, that lady last night, and the guy before her.

I loved the lady who introduced Witness For The Prosecution, though I may be biased because that's one of my all time favorite films.  I should have stayed up for the 10 year old, but I've seen and recorded Modern Times at least twice already and the hour was getting late.