Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr6666

TCM Premieres

Here are the TCM premieres for October, as determined by MovieCollectorOH’s report published on September 7. Note that on Saturdays TCM is premiering episodes of the Jungle Queen serial along with selected cartoons, so these are listed separately.

Oct 4 - Godzilla Raids Again (1955)
Oct 4 - Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)
Oct 5 - Summertree (1971)
Oct 5 - Trapped (1949) (repeat on 6th)
Oct 6 - Irma Vep (1996)
Oct 8 - AFI Life Achievement Award: Denzel Washington (2019)
Oct 11 - Destroy All Monsters (1968)
Oct 17 - Kuroneko (1968)
Oct 18 - All Monsters Attack (1969)
Oct 18 - Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971)
Oct 18 - Godzilla vs. Gigan (1977)
Oct 19 - The Return of the Pink Panther (1975)
Oct 20 - Here Come the Nelsons (1952)
Oct 20 - Unknown Pleasures (2002)
Oct 20 - The World (2004)
Oct 23 - Private Buckaroo (1942)
Oct 25 - Godzilla vs. Megalon (1976)
Oct 25 - Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1975)
Oct 25 - Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975)
Oct 25 - The War of the Gargantuas (1970)
Oct 25 - Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (1970)
Oct 27 - The Living Skeleton (1969)
Oct 29 - That's Life! (1986)

- Saturdays: Jungle Queen serial
Oct 5 - Jungle Queen Ch. 3: The Flaming Mountain (1945)
Oct 12 - Jungle Queen Ch. 4: Wildcat Stampede (1945)
Oct 19 - Jungle Queen Ch. 5: The Burning Jungle (1945)
Oct 26 - Jungle Queen Ch. 6: Danger Ship (1945)

- Saturdays: cartoons
Oct 5 - MGM: Two Little Pups (1936)
Oct 5 - Popeye: Cops Is Always Right (1938)
Oct 12 - MGM: The Tree Surgeon (1944)
Oct 12 - Popeye: Customers Wanted (1939)
Oct 19 - MGM: Wayward Pups (1937)
Oct 19 - Popeye: Leave Well Enough Alone (1939)
Oct 26 - MGM: The Pups' Picnic (1936)
Oct 26 - Popeye: Wotta Nitemare (1939)

Thanks as always to MCOH!

• Thanks 3

Thanks. The only ones I'm interested in are It Grows On Trees (Irene Dunne'e last film) and Here Come the Nelsons. Didnt know they did a film! Was this what kick started the television show? Hope I don't forget to record them..

4 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Thanks. The only ones I'm interested in are It Grows On Trees (Irene Dunne'e last film) and Here Come the Nelsons. Didnt know they did a film! Was this what kick started the television show? Hope I don't forget to record them..

It looks as if IT GROWS ON TREES has been pulled from the schedule. That's a shame: this world needs all the Irene Dunne we can get.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Brrrcold said:

It looks as if IT GROWS ON TREES has been pulled from the schedule. That's a shame: this world needs all the Irene Dunne we can get.

Thanks for the update on It Grows on Trees, that's disappointing.

I edited the list of premieres above to remove it.

Fri., 10-4 for                       Monster of the Month:  Godzilla......

(times ET)

11:15 PM

Godzilla Raids Again ( 1955)

Nuclear tests awaken two prehistoric monsters whose battles threaten to level Japan.

Dir Motoyoshi Odo Cast Hiroshi Koizumi , Setsuko Wakayama , Mindru Chiaki .

BW- 82 mins,

12:45 AM

Mothra vs. Godzilla ( 1964)

An unscrupulous land developer drives both Mothra and Godzilla to attack Tokyo.

Dir Inoshiro Honda Cast Akira Takarada , Yuriko Hoshi , Hiroshi Koizumi .

C- 89 mins, Letterbox Format

:)

Sun., 10-6 for                         TCM Imports.......

2:00 AM (ET)
B/W - 99 m

TV-PG

genre_NONE_expanded.gif
Irma Vep (1996)

Synopsis:  Maggie Cheung, acting out her own role as one of the greatest stars of Asian cinema, comes to Paris to portray Irma Vep (the character created by Musidora) in a remake of the famous series "Vampires" directed by Louis Feuillade .....

DirOlivier Assayas CastMaggie Cheung , Jean-Pierre Leaud , Nathalie Richard .

" Thematically, the film questions the place of French cinema today. It is not a "mourning for cinema with the romantic nostalgia" but "more like the Mexican Day of the Dead: remembrance as an act of celebration,"[3] so that "It is less a film about re-presenting the past, than it is a film about addressing the present, specifically the place of France within the global economy."[ ......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irma_Vep

My updates are posted for this month. 
http://www.moviecollectoroh.com

I figured it was easy enough to add the day of the month, just as it is on the TCM monthly schedule, but only for the "premieres" report.  I could probably plug it in for the "10 years" report too, but haven't yet.  Those two reports both contain temporary data which is completely replaced each month, but I have no plans to save this for the long term.  Also I wouldn't be able to do this for any past months, as I simply never picked up that information to begin with, so I'm not even going to try (over 124,000 records and counting).  :D

• Thanks 1

Sat., 10-5 for                 THE ESSENTIALS: VIETNAM STORIES .....

(times ET)

10:30 PM
B/W - 89 m

genre_NONE_expanded.gif
Summertree (1971)

Synopsis:  antiwar story was about a young man who drops out of college and struggles to find his way in life. When his draft number is called, he plans to bolt to Canada, but winds up in Vietnam after all, ....

DirAnthony Newley CastMichael Douglas , Jack Warden , Brenda Vaccaro .

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/27544/Summertree/articles.html

===================================

12:15 AM & Sun 10-6 for                              Noir Alley......

B/W - 80 m

genre_NONE_expanded.gif
Trapped (1949)

Synopsis:  U .S. Treasury Department agents go after a ring of counterfeiters.

DirRichard Fleischer CastLloyd Bridges , Barbara Payton , John Hoyt .

" it may be labeled a B noir, but in my book it’s an A presentation for its strong themes, fast-paced plot and perfect delivery. "

see:  http://www.noiroftheweek.com/2009/02/trapped-1949.html

On 10/5/2019 at 3:46 PM, mr6666 said:

Sun., 10-6 for                         TCM Imports.......

2:00 AM (ET)
B/W - 99 m

TV-PG

genre_NONE_expanded.gif
Irma Vep (1996)

Synopsis:  Maggie Cheung, acting out her own role as one of the greatest stars of Asian cinema, comes to Paris to portray Irma Vep (the character created by Musidora) in a remake of the famous series "Vampires" directed by Louis Feuillade .....

DirOlivier Assayas CastMaggie Cheung , Jean-Pierre Leaud , Nathalie Richard .

" Thematically, the film questions the place of French cinema today. It is not a "mourning for cinema with the romantic nostalgia" but "more like the Mexican Day of the Dead: remembrance as an act of celebration,"[3] so that "It is less a film about re-presenting the past, than it is a film about addressing the present, specifically the place of France within the global economy."[ ......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irma_Vep

Very dull film but worth watching for the beautiful Maggie Cheung.

MV5BOGUwMGYzYjAtZTMwOC00ZDllLThmODYtZTkx

• Thanks 1

The scheduled premiere of Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966) on Friday October 11 has been replaced with Son of Godzilla (1967) (not a TCM premiere).

I have removed Ebirah, Horror of the Deep from the list of premieres above.

• Sad 1

A few other changes in the October premiere schedule:

Oct 25 - Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (1970) removed - currently a gap in the schedule

Oct 28 - the Paul Muni film Stranger on the Prowl (1953) removed  - remaining films shifted earlier, Coma (1978) added at end of the day's programming as filler

Oct 29 - the Julie Andrews film That's Life (1986) removed - currently a gap in the schedule

I have removed Stranger on the Prowl from the list above.  Will wait on the other two to see how the gaps are filled.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, cmovieviewer said:

The scheduled premiere of Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966) on Friday October 11 has been replaced with Son of Godzilla (1967) (not a TCM premiere).

You may wish to check back on the 18th, when there seems to be a two-movie-long gap in the schedule between All Monsters Attack at 8PM and Rodan at 1AM. I suspect Ebirah and Godzilla vs Hedorah will fill the gap, but who knows?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

You may wish to check back on the 18th, when there seems to be a two-movie-long gap in the schedule between All Monsters Attack at 8PM and Rodan at 1AM. I suspect Ebirah and Godzilla vs Hedorah will fill the gap, but who knows?

Yeah the schedule can do that.  Also there may be periods where a movie disappears, then only reappears after somebody calls it a film, but I wouldn't have thought of these as likely culprits.

• Haha 2

confused on GODZILLA   flicks..... :blink:

soooooo.......

================================

Tonight! Enjoy a great night of Godzilla movies and then join us for some more creatures

with the premiere of GHOULIES (1985) at 4:30 am east / 1:30 am west!

:rolleyes:
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

confused on GODZILLA   flicks.....

It appears that Destroy All Monsters (1968) 2:45AM ET is a premiere. 

Tune in to watch Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, Anguirus, Minilla, and more slap each other around. 

godzilla-cu-1.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

It appears that Destroy All Monsters (1968) 2:45AM ET is a premiere. 

Tune in to watch Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, Anguirus, Minilla, and more slap each other around. 

godzilla-cu-1.jpg

Gotta hand it to the Japanese for their innovation.  This looks like it's the Royal Rumble of movie monsters!  My money's on Ghidorah.

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2019 at 9:39 AM, cmovieviewer said:

I was confused about the schedule last night.  Instead of "replacing" Ebirah, Horror of the Deep with Son of Godzilla, there was actually just a gap in the schedule.

- Previous schedule:

Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964)
Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965)
(P) Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966)
Son of Godzilla (1967)
(P) Destroy All Monsters (1969)
Ghoulies (1985)

- Last night's schedule:

Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964)
Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965)
<gap>
Son of Godzilla (1967)
(P) Destroy All Monsters (1969)
Ghoulies (1985)

Did anyone watch during the "gap" to see what was actually broadcast?  (I wish TCM would list a TBA placeholder in the schedule so we can see where the replacements will go.)

I watched It Grows on Trees on YouTube this summer, and sorry to say, for Dunne's last film, you're not missing much. Sort of felt like a Disney live action family fantasy film with a preposterous premise that you just have to roll with. It's pretty one-note.

7 hours ago, yanceycravat said:

Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966) played as scheduled!

Thanks Yancey.  Maybe there's a chance we'll get to see some of the other "missing" films as well.

6 hours ago, cmovieviewer said:

Thanks Yancey.  Maybe there's a chance we'll get to see some of the other "missing" films as well.

We can talk about this offline if you want, I'll leave that up to you, but their monthly schedule seems to be behaving a bit different now.  A burned out vacuum tube on their IBM 650 perhaps? :P

9 hours ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

We can talk about this offline if you want, I'll leave that up to you, but their monthly schedule seems to be behaving a bit different now.  A burned out vacuum tube on their IBM 650 perhaps? :P

Yes, it's getting harder to find good punch-card operators these days 😉

Now that I know to check for gaps, I won't immediately assume that a title has been dropped from the schedule.  Whatever the cause, it seems to be showing up in the daily, weekly, and monthly schedules consistently.  Would be nice if they could get this fixed.  Hopefully the on-screen cable guides are correct on the day of the show?