Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your favorite movie quote to end any conversation.

Roy Batty

My personal favorite…."Mr. President…we must not allow a mineshaft gap".  

Well I'm surprised your personal favorite isn't 'time to die' from Blade Runner.

Anyhow,  mine is listed as part of my profile;   Nothing is as bad as someything that is NOT so bad.   

I use this anytime someone is asked 'do you like that?' or 'is that good?',  and they reply 'it isn't bad'.     

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

I grew up as a kid in the South in the 1940s and 50s, hearing severl common quotes from GONE WITH THE WIND that had become part of our vocabulary. :)

Such as:

I don't know nuthin about birthin no babies.

You aren't worth $300

You know a dyed haired woman??

Don't eat so fast, you don't want it to come right back up.

After all... tomorrow is.. another day. :)

My favorite comes from a Flintstones episode where Fred is battling with his evil self-conscience. He and Barney split a sweepstakes ticket and Barney is holding it. Fred’s evil self talks him into getting it back. Fred hesitates and says, “I feel like a big fat crook.” To which his evil self replies, “So you’re fat. Does that make you dishonest?” I love that!!!

My personal favorite…."Mr. President…we must not allow a mineshaft gap".  

KinjiteForbidden Subjects (1989) Creep getting at the end what he deserves. Charles Bronson said  Now that's justice..

There is a Youtube clip of the scene but it contains too much profanity. Google Kinjite Youtube clip if interested.

I grew up as a kid in the South in the 1940s and 50s, hearing severl common quotes from GONE WITH THE WIND that had become part of our vocabulary. :)

Such as:

I don't know nuthin about birthin no babies.

You aren't worth $300

You know a dyed haired woman??

Don't eat so fast, you don't want it to come right back up.

After all... tomorrow is.. another day. :)

What is the genesis of "You know a died haired woman"?  How was it used? Was it supposed to be a catty comment?  I like that it appears to be obscure.  

Well I'm surprised your personal favorite isn't 'time to die' from Blade Runner.

Anyhow,  mine is listed as part of my profile;   Nothing is as bad as someything that is NOT so bad.   

I use this anytime someone is asked 'do you like that?' or 'is that good?',  and they reply 'it isn't bad'.     

I love the quote from Dr. Strangelove because of the absurdity of the statement.  To me it's the perfect ending to the movie that also has such delightful lines as; "You'll have to answer to the Cocoa Cola Company" and "Gentlemen.  You can't fight in here.  This is the war room."

I love the quote from Dr. Strangelove because of the absurdity of the statement.  To me it's the perfect ending to the movie that also has such delightful lines as; "You'll have to answer to the Cocoa Cola Company" and "Gentlemen.  You can't fight in here.  This is the war room."

Well Dr. Strangelove has many quotes that apply to this topic.   The absurdity of the entire movie is handled just perfectly (well expect maybe the actual Strangelove character which crosses over into camp).

What is the genesis of "You know a died haired woman"?  How was it used? Was it supposed to be a catty comment?  I like that it appears to be obscure.

It's "dyed" haired woman.

Obscure? You must not be over 40. Everything evolves. Back in Scarlett's day, personal ornamentation was limited to fancy clothing & jewelry. Maybe face powder. Any woman who "painted" herself with color (even lip rouge) or wore anything considered TOO fancy would be considered kind of loose morally.

Dying your hair would be for prostitutes only, which Belle Watling was. No one SAID so (not very genteel) but it was implied by her carriage, where she lived, her clothing, etc.

Scarlett walked the line of being a well bred woman/white trash often in the film which shocks others in the story but often goes unnoticed by modern viewers.

Just to show how quickly social morays change-I'm a 53 y/o woman who loved shocking my parents with my pink hair punk rock trashy clothes. But I am shocked to see young girls of today covering themselves with tattoos. In my day only a lady in the circus looked like that-as a commodity. I don't much like it on men either, but tattoos have always been a sign of machismo. (at least the wearer thinks so)

As someone who enjoys inserting random movie/television/song quotes into conversation, I have a few of these.  I usually use them if I know the other person(s) in the conversation will "get it." I don't typically use specific quotes to end a conversation; but I have a couple that are fun to break out every now and then.

"You're tearing me apart!" -Jim Stark in "Rebel Without a Cause"

"Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest" -Linus in "A Charlie Brown Christmas."

There are many more.  "The Simpsons" I swear has a quote that fits almost any purpose. 

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings