Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

asked to re-register as a returning member

kaslovesTCM

I had the very same problem you are having and I was teetering, so very close, to re-registering.

Instead I went to the Message Board Announcements and clicked on "Registering Issues".  I sent a post describing my problem to "TCM Moderator1".  "TCM Moderator1" returned the message in a short time with instructions on how I could sign-in without re-registering. Everything is fine now.  No problems in my signing-in.

It was confusing. I think the first day I registered 3x because of that prompt.

It was confusing. It took me two days and the help of a moderator to get things working. Looking back, a big part of my problem was the prompt to re-register.

It was confusing. It took me two days and the help of a moderator to get things working. Looking back, a big part of my problem was the prompt to re-register.

YEP! Wasted a lot of time over that......

Guest TCMModerator1

Hi,

Did you use a different browser to log in this morning?  I found that it asked me to re-register when I did that.

If not, what browser and version are you using?

When I re-registered it gave me a new name. I finally got my old name back and did the password shuffle BUT I started all over again as a newbie while others managed to keep their history of posts......

Any ideas?

When I re-registered it gave me a new name. I finally got my old name back and did the password shuffle BUT I started all over again as a newbie while others managed to keep their history of posts......

Any ideas?

I can live with a generic password, but if I had been assigned a new user name of, e.g., 6c14rk22f3gq, that's where I would have drawn the line.

Is anyone here who is having problems re-registering using Windows XP?

Windows started phasing out XP beginning last week on April 8, and this week they have disabled many of my IE 8 connection to my local ISP.

I called the manager of the ISP, and he said because of this phase out of XP, I can log onto only 1 website at a time through his ISP.

For example, I can load Google news and read the headlines, but when I click on any headline, nothing happens. I can't fully load the Old Movies on YouTube thread because of the embeds and connections to YouTube, and I can no longer post embeds on that thread.

My local ISP guy said he could solve my problem by building me a new tower that runs Windows 7, at a cost of $780.

So I don't know if it is Windows that is blocking my internet connections, or my local ISP, or both.

Any ideas?

Two or three posts before yours here is one from the TCMModerator 1. They have told us to contact them directly and they will try and help with getting your old username back along with as many posts as they can gather. Many folks have had registering problems. MissGoddess, a long time user here also had her fair share of problems. After a few days she was helped and she was able to retrieve her old user name and posts.

Do not be disappointed when your post count falls below what you had achieved before the new message boards were brought online. The old Hot Topics Forum was discontinued and if you had many posts there, you may have had them all deleted. Hope this helps.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings