Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why not get Donna Loren on to speak about the Beach Party films

adamg

TCM is showing three of the American International Beach Party movies on April 21 - "Muscle Beach Party", "Bikini Beach", and "Beach Blanket Bingo". I think it would be a great idea to get Donna Loren on TCM to introduce/discuss the films, or maybe TCM should do a live tweeting with her of something. She could discuss the films, particularly those of the cast we've lost such as Annette.

Donna regularly performs her Beach Party songs at events, and even has a new CD coming out later this month which includes her original 1965 Beach Blanket Bingo album. I'm sure she'd be up for it.

Her website is at:

www.donnaloren.net

Who thinks it's a good idea?

• Like 1

i'd love to see her again and hear what she has to say but i think TCM has probably taped any intros they had planned for april air dates already.

but thanks for the link to her site! i'll pop in and say hello to her.

• Like 2

TCM is showing three of the American International Beach Party movies on April 21 - "Muscle Beach Party", "Bikini Beach", and "Beach Blanket Bingo". I think it would be a great idea to get Donna Loren on TCM to introduce/discuss the films, or maybe TCM should do a live tweeting with her of something. She could discuss the films, particularly those of the cast we've lost such as Annette.

Donna regularly performs her Beach Party songs at events, and even has a new CD coming out later this month which includes her original 1965 Beach Blanket Bingo album. I'm sure she'd be up for it.

Her website is at:

www.donnaloren.net

Who thinks it's a good idea?

Donna Loren would be fine, but Sophia Loren would be better.

I wonder if Stevie Wonder will be tweeting during "Muscle Beach Party". It's not just the three you mentioned; it's a 14-hour block. Usually these things get shown a few at a time, so this actually is kind of an event. I agree that a host would have been a good choice, whether Donna Lauren or someone else. It would probably be unprecedented for daytime, but TCM has set precedents before. I know there are plenty of people who look down on the Beach Party movies and don't think the hoopla would be worth it, but it would sure get me watching if there were a host with some backstory about the films and the studio. Even prefab nonsense like this can be a look into the industry and the era if it's handled right, as TCM usually does.

• Like 1