Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Leonard Mudie Appreciation Thread

Swithin

Today is Leonard Mudie's birthday. He was born on April 11, 1883, and died on April 14, 1965. His name frequently appears at or near the very end of a long list of credits at the end of many classic films. He was a British character actor who appeared in dozens of films from 1921, and on television. He was the oldest actor ever to appear on Star Trek.

Hollywood was blest with many wonderful English character actors, from C. Aubrey Smith and Nigel Bruce, who had major supporting roles; to E.E. Clive and O.P. Heggie, who had supporting roles of moderate size. And then there were excellent actors like Leonard Mudie, who had very small parts, but always added something special.

Happy Birthday Leonard Mudie!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0610950/

69797.jpg

I first because acquainted with his work through his several appearances on the Adventures of Superman.  In fact, I think that photo you posted is of him as the supposedly dead magician Brockhurst, from one of those episodes. He is easy to spot in films, although he usually  has just a few lines.  One of the joys of watching old films is spotting these reliable characters.

I first because acquainted with his work through his several appearances on the Adventures of Superman.  In fact, I think that photo you posted is of him as the supposedly dead magician Brockhurst, from one of those episodes. He is easy to spot in films, although he usually  has just a few lines.  One of the joys of watching old films is spotting these reliable characters.

I seem to remember he was also in an "Adventures of Superman" episode about pirates!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings