Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Same Time, Next Year (1978)

Kid Dabb

I often think of what post Golden Age films would make good classics - or New Classics, as I like to think of them. Of course, this is a very subjective process and this is one that popped into my mind as I was researching Rosalie (1937) on this morning's schedule. I cannot tell you how I got from Rosalie to Same Time, Next Year.. 

This film is fun, funny, and poignant for it's time. This will put you through all the ringers (there's an oldie.. "ringers". Do any of you know from what mother's helper this is derived?

I have seen this on TV many times but I cannot recall if TCM showed it.

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/88970/Same-Time-Next-Year/

• 10 months later...

I just took a peek.. it's not on TCM's schedule anytime soon. Too bad, because this is a fine movie.

The Four Seasons is pretty good too, but not as polished.

I could stand to see both of these back-to-back here on TCM.

You mean it isn't on the same time next year?

Oh, tell me that isn't so. 

I often think of what post Golden Age films would make good classics - or New Classics, as I like to think of them. Of course, this is a very subjective process and this is one that popped into my mind as I was researching Rosalie (1937) on this morning's schedule. I cannot tell you how I got from Rosalie to Same Time, Next Year.. 

This film is fun, funny, and poignant for it's time. This will put you through all the ringers (there's an oldie.. "ringers". Do any of you know from what mother's helper this is derived?

I have seen this on TV many times but I cannot recall if TCM showed it.

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/88970/Same-Time-Next-Year/

For its time? How about any time.

I've seen "SAME TIME, NEXT YEAR" several times.  I actually wish it were a little longer; I like the movie enough to wish there was an extended 'Director's Cut' in the works.  :)

I think Alan Alda made "THE SEDUCTION OF JOE TYNAN" in between "SAME TIME, NEXT YEAR" (1978) and "THE FOUR SEASONS" (1980).  

I've seen "SAME TIME, NEXT YEAR" several times.  I actually wish it were a little longer; I like the movie enough to wish there was an extended 'Director's Cut' in the works.  :)

I think Alan Alda made "THE SEDUCTION OF JOE TYNAN" in between "SAME TIME, NEXT YEAR" (1978) and "THE FOUR SEASONS" (1980).  

I want the full cut. Overture --intermission--exit music Bring on the 5 hour cut. :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings