Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this article (with great pictures) on cnn.com, "The Romance of Retro Cinemas":

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/28/architecture/gallery/historic-cinemas-stefanie-klavens/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool&iref=obinsite

These are great, and she included my local drive-in! - Silver Moon

Thanks for the link!

:)

• Like 1

These are great, and she included my local drive-in! - Silver Moon

Thanks for the link!

:)

We had a Silver Moon in my hometown too, although it's been gone for many years. Now it's a produce market/antiques and a Golds gym. So many beautiful places are gone...in just one lifetime.

We had a Silver Moon in my hometown too, although it's been gone for many years. Now it's a produce market/antiques and a Golds gym. So many beautiful places are gone...in just one lifetime.

I know.. When I was growing up, everything everywhere was being built for the first time. Massive suburban expansion projects. We couldn't walk or drive anywhere without seeing large tracts of land being plowed under and over by dozens of Caterpillar tractors and Mack dump trucks (I was fascinated by the big, yellow tractors and mountains of red dirt). Now, nearly all of those have been completely torn down or rebuilt. It's sad to see the ones which have remained, deserted for decades, being reclaimed slowly by Mother Nature - fields of deteriorated asphalt and concrete smothered in weeds.

Ah well.. [sniff!]
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well as one can clearly see back in 1940 men were not treated equally.    Yea, there is ladies night,  but no night for men!

:wacko:

I was stunned by the advance publicity in use back in 1940, since both titles on the marquee are from 1958!

• Like 2

I was stunned by the advance publicity in use back in 1940, since both titles on the marquee are from 1958!

It struck me as unusual that a WWII film would be playing before we entered the war.

27266326734_ca3a8ca5e9_z.jpgThe Brazos Drive-In opened in 1952. I believe it is now closed. The owner needed to raise $100,000 to convert to digital....and I think she chose to retire. Granbury,Texas.6.22.2016

Rob Sneed5885915454_445b3f1997_z.jpg Columbiana county, Ohio2816455586_05e4acbe85_z.jpgRavenna, Ohio4555444671_1b5c3a5515.jpg8126877477_c56d8a21a3_z.jpgCenter, Co.8810913497_f47e081aed_z.jpgNashville, Arkansas14343384668_a0ce07739f_z.jpgMalta Drive-In Theatre - Malta, New York

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...