Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The KC Royals appear to be the team of destiny.

Yea,  one has to give those Royals a lot of credit.    While Trout is one of the best young players to come up in a long time,  so far he isn't Mr October.    I just knew we was going to strike out when the chips were down!

Yea,  one has to give those Royals a lot of credit.    While Trout is one of the best young players to come up in a long time,  so far he isn't Mr October.    I just knew we was going to strike out when the chips were down!

There is a history of players who exceed expectations in post-season, and some who don't measure up. George Steinbrenner referred to Dave Winfield as Mr. May.

dodg.jpg

Going back a couple of days here, how astonishing for Kershaw to blow a 5-run lead. A lot of credit to the Cards for accomplishing that. In that eighth inning, the first five hits were singles, they went with the pitch and found the holes in the infield, or as Dizzy Dean used to say in those nascent Game of the Week broadcasts of the 50s. "They hit'em where they ain't." (and would attract a round of criticism for using that word on the airwaves.) Then came Carpenter.

The Dodgers have since tied the series but oh how dangerous those short 5-game series, especially for Division winners who did that relative ease. I don't like that short series. The season is so incredibly long anyway, the might just make that a regular 7-game series and extend the season a little more, the possibility of playing the World Series in blizzard notwithstanding.

dodg.jpg

Going back a couple of days here, how astonishing for Kershaw to blow a 5-run lead. A lot of credit to the Cards for accomplishing that. In that eighth inning, the first five hits were singles, they went with the pitch and found the holes in the infield, or as Dizzy Dean used to say in those nascent Game of the Week broadcasts of the 50s. "They hit'em where they ain't." (and would attract a round of criticism for using that word on the airwaves.) Then came Carpenter.

The Dodgers have since tied the series but oh how dangerous those short 5-game series, especially for Division winners who did that relative ease. I don't like that short series. The season is so incredibly long anyway, the might just make that a regular 7-game series and extend the season a little more, the possibility of playing the World Series in blizzard notwithstanding.

The Orioles and Royals. One of the few series in my memory where I'm rooting for both teams.

The Orioles and Royals. One of the few series in my memory where I'm rooting for both teams.

Done goes the Angels.   They really didn't show up.   I was concerned about their pitching before the playoffs but I felt they could win a few games with their bats (even maybe a 5 game series).   Wow was I wrong!

Done goes the Angels.   They really didn't show up.   I was concerned about their pitching before the playoffs but I felt they could win a few games with their bats (even maybe a 5 game series).   Wow was I wrong!

The Angels may be named the Angels but the Royals are playing like they have "Angels in the Outfield".  They can do absolutely nothing wrong at the moment.  Everything is working.  The Royals are all playing like "Natural"s on a season of destiny.  I'm just riding the towering wave (tsunami strength) they are on at the present.  Let the Royal good times roll!!  A lot like the Colorado Rockies 2007 season until the Rockies met their Waterloo/Stalingrad in the World Series.

The Angels may be named the Angels but the Royals are playing like they have "Angels in the Outfield".  They can do absolutely nothing wrong at the moment.  Everything is working.  The Royals are all playing like "Natural"s on a season of destiny.  I'm just riding the towering wave (tsunami strength) they are on at the present.  Let the Royal good times roll!!  A lot like the Colorado Rockies 2007 season until the Rockies met their Waterloo/Stalingrad in the World Series.

It would be funny if another I-70 Missouri world series ensued, just like in 1985.

It would be funny if another I-70 Missouri world series ensued, just like in 1985.

I would totally love it but the powers that be plus the networks/advertisers would hate it.  They always want big gigando metro areas such as NY vs. LA.  or at least East Coast vs. West Coast.  Never ever want small market "villages" playing each other.  Twould be lovely to have the relatively small "villages" on either side of Mizzou duke-ing it out.

I would totally love it but the powers that be plus the networks/advertisers would hate it.  They always want big gigando metro areas such as NY vs. LA.  or at least East Coast vs. West Coast.  Never ever want small market "villages" playing each other.  Twould be lovely to have the relatively small "villages" on either side of Mizzou duke-ing it out.

I don't think the networks would mind the Cardinals being in the Series, but they WOULD mind the Royals.

I don't think the networks would mind the Cardinals being in the Series, but they WOULD mind the Royals.

I agree with you, but it's surprising in a way, this year at least, considering that the Royals might be expected to generate some extra added interest in the role of the upstart, Cinderella team, coming from nowhere, so to speak. The problem with that thesis is that the extra interest that a World Series generates are, in part, made up that segment of baseball "fans"  who don't pay that much attention prior to the Series and therefore might not even be aware of that. All they see is the glitter of names like Yankees, Dodgers, and Giants.

As a TIGER'S fan, I feel your pain, James.

Maybe even MORE pain!

Sepiatone

Well the known faults of the Dodgers and Angels going into the playoff (Dodgers mid-relieve pitching,  Angels starting pitching),  did hurt them.    But for both teams their bats were mostly silent (except game one for the Dodgers where Kershaw let them down again).

I think both teams needs a better situational manager to go all the way.

Good sports times for KC fans.  The Royals are in the ALCS, the Chiefs are playing well, and Sporting Kansas City are the defending MLS champions, and looking good for the playoffs next month.

Can the Giants do it again...win a World Series in an even-numbered year?  Will it be a pumpkin patch series with San Francisco against Baltimore?  Will it be a 'Battle of the Birds" between the Cardinals and Orioles?  Could another I-70 series between St. Louis and Kansas City be in the offing?  Most confusing match would be the Royals against the Giants....what wine pairs well with barbecue?

Good sports times for KC fans.  The Royals are in the ALCS, the Chiefs are playing well, and Sporting Kansas City are the defending MLS champions, and looking good for the playoffs next month.

Can the Giants do it again...win a World Series in an even-numbered year?  Will it be a pumpkin patch series with San Francisco against Baltimore?  Will it be a 'Battle of the Birds" between the Cardinals and Orioles?  Could another I-70 series between St. Louis and Kansas City be in the offing?  Most confusing match would be the Royals against the Giants....what wine pairs well with barbecue?

Pumpkin patch series? I don't get it.

I think the teams mentioned have orange in their uniforms but I could be way off.

Those orange jerseys the Giants wear sometimes are awful. I bet Mays and McCovey look at those with a sigh of relief, happy they didn't have wear those sissy things. I dislike these what I call softball uniforms the major leagues wear these days, bright colors. And while I'm at it, I'm a real fuddy-duddy about the 'dress code'. I like the old syle, white at home, gray on the road, complete with the standard white/black stockings that come up only to the ankles. Nowadays, some players where stockings and some don't (in the same game) and the ones that do use those ultra high stockings that come up to the knees and makes them look dowdy. My complaints here stem not from some ultra-conservative cast of mind that everybody has to look nice, rather I feel the visual aspect of the game is simply much more pleasing if the uniforms were, well, uniform. These guys are major leaguers, the best in the world, can't they dress the part?

:)

• Like 1

KC had an Oriole pie tonight!!  That's five straight wins for the Royals!!!  I smell a World Series coming!!  They are jacking out the long ball in the playoffs so far.  More Oriole drum sticks to come. 

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmypHZmXdU3o&ei=h9g4VI6ILoKtoQSu0YKoCg&usg=AFQjCNGpul9WxROa5hKdtgi4bo90jO5grQ&sig2=hzgEGm5gXk66_-wzyAUKjw&bvm=bv.77161500,d.cGU