Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

>>>>>>>>>>>>Start Spreading The News.

Division titles are a dime a dozen and doesn't mean much any more since there are so few teams in a Division.

That famous verse should be reserved for accomplishments of magnitude, i.e., the World Series. I won't mind if they spread the news particularly, especially if they beat the Dodgers. And you don't spread the news until your done and there is a lot to be done, namely, home field advantage in the WS. Especially advantageous against the Dodgers who are crappy on the road.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jakeem said:

lXLr1YWV_bigger.png

Major league umpire Rob Drake tweeted “I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL WAR!!! #MAGA2020”, according to a copy of the tweet obtained by ESPN. MLB says it is aware of it. 
6:22 PM · Oct 23, 2019·Echofon

The World Series just got political.

Rob Drake, a long time Major League Baseball umpire, tweeted a threatening insurrectionist post which he later deleted. He was threatening to buy an automatic weapon and start a civil war if trump was impeached.

Unfortunately for Drake, ESPN got a hold of the Tweet before it was deleted.

The result is Major League Baseball is investigating the incident..

I won't predict the outcome of the World Series, but I do predict that Mr. Drake will regret his seditious comment soon as he will be relieved of his position and may very well face criminal charges.

Some trump supporters never learn.

Play ball!

THE WORLD SERIES

Who'd a thunk it. The Nats are 10-2 and on a 8-game winning streak. The Astros are 7-6 in the playoffs. Can Cole come back to pitch Game 4? In former times this happened all the time. And then they would come back for Game 7, if necessary.

Do we believe in momentum in baseball? In 1960 the Yankees won their last 15 games of the season. Sports writers opined that if the Yankees won the first game of the Series, they would sweep due to overwhelming momentum (of course they were heavily favored to win but favorites don't generally sweep). The Yankees went ahead 1-0 in the top of the first but the Pirates scored three in the bottom half and went on to win, 6-4. And we know that the Pirates went on to win that bizarro series, despite being outscored 55-27 and outhit 91-60. Casey Stengel made a bonehead decision IMO by NOT starting Whitey Ford in Game One because he wanted him to pitch in Yankee Stadium first (Game 3).  Although I was a Milwaukee Brave fan when I was a kid and had a lot to shout about in that glory year of '57, the '60 series is my favorite of all time.

If momentum is a fact in baseball (as it seems to signify more in basketball, football, and hockey) then the Nats might just roll on for a sweep.

///