Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

nationals in 5 ... hottest team in baseball ...

but astros have an excellent team up and down the roster ... will see what they are made of friday night in washington ...

there have been a few teams win the ws after losing the first two games at home ... 

1985 the kc royals vs. st. louis cardinals and 1986 ny mets vs. the boston red sox ... the royals and mets winners ...  come to mind ...

watched both of 'em ... classics in every way ...

• Like 1

Things are looking pretty good for Washington to claim its first World Series title in 95 years.  Astros are good enough to come back from this 2-0 deficit, but the Nationals are on a big-time roll at the right time of any professional sports season.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, midwestan said:

Things are looking pretty good for Washington to claim its first World Series title in 95 years.  Astros are good enough to come back from this 2-0 deficit, but the Nationals are on a big-time roll at the right time of any professional sports season.

the nationals reflect why purists hate the playoff system ... a team that won 93 games in the regular season ends up the champion beating a team with 107 wins ... 

will never go back to the way it was ...

they are giving the astros an education with national league style of play ... 

1 hour ago, JakeHolman said:

a team that won 93 games in the regular season ends up the champion beating a team with 107 wins ... 

93 wins is still a successful season and given the nature of the game the deficit is not overwhelming IMO. A better example occurred in 2006 when the Cardinals went only 83-78 during the regular season but going on to win the WS.

As a Mets' fan, I can't pull for the Nationals. As a Yankees' hater, I like the Astros. The Nats

look like one of those Cinderalla teams which succeed against the odds, at least the odds on

paper. 0-2 will be hard to come back from, but not impossible.

This 24-year-old kid gets the start in a World Series, Game four. He pitches five innings; no runs, two hits, four strikeouts, no walks. Just 67 pitches. Two over of the minimum.

They take him out.

No doubt it was explained to the kid, you going five and then we're going to replace you. We want five innings.

No runs, two hits, four strikeouts, no walks. Just 67 pitches. Two over the minimum.

If you train as a concert pianist, your dream is to get to Carnegie Hall. If you want to hit golf balls for a living, your dream is to win the U>S.Open. If you pitch baseballs for a living, your dream is to get in the World Series. Some spend whole careers pitching baseballs and they never get the chance.

This kid gets a rare opportunity at just 24 years old. Five innings, no runs, two hits, four strikeouts, no walks. Just 67 pitches. Two over the minimum. They take you out. What might have been, eh? You'll never know kid.

I turned it off. That's it. Baseball is over. It's like watching a movie and get a W T F scene that ruins the whole thing. The movie is dead to you. I turned it off about two hours ago. The game might be over by now. One of these teams won this game. I don't care. I've had it. Baseball is over.

///

Baseball has turned into a sucky game. There is no heart. It's all form and design now, it's all mechanics. 100 pitches, five innings, you're gone. Got a no-no going, too bad, hit the showers, you're done. A very conservative cast of mind, that. An open mind scraps the game plan, something extraordinary is happening, leave him in. It's good for the game, it's good for the fans, it's good for the kid.

On 10/23/2019 at 5:25 PM, jakeem said:

lXLr1YWV_bigger.png

Major league umpire Rob Drake tweeted “I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL WAR!!! #MAGA2020”, according to a copy of the tweet obtained by ESPN. MLB says it is aware of it. 
6:22 PM · Oct 23, 2019·Echofon

21 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

President Trump showered with boos

and chants of "lock him up!" while attending World Series game Sunday night.

Lucky for those baseball fans booing trump this evening that longtime MLB umpire Rob Drake was not officiating tonight.  LOL