Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 minute ago, spence said:

I have the dvd-(long) of the l969 computer match between MARCIANO & ALI, THE ROCK was of course killed-(head actually cut off, in an awful plane crash just afterward0 it's kinda cheap thogh, small ring 7 all, but certainly worth seeing

Marciano was a great fighter and in my top 5 ... relatively small and light in weight but could hit very hard and take a punch and wear his opponents out .... a street fighter ..... the greatest though is Ali with Joe Lewis a close second ..

11 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

Marciano was a great fighter and in my top 5 ... relatively small and light in weight but could hit very hard and take a punch and wear his opponents out .... a street fighter ..... the greatest though is Ali with Joe Lewis a close second ..

I agree about ALI, despite historians always voting ROBINSON A #1

remember a post I once did ion here about BOXING & HOLLYWOOD?

like the saint's pick ...

Though just after Boxing the NFL is easily & by far my fav sport, have never pd attention to it myself

sure you heard of Brady screwing up twice down here, he alledgedly now via mistake broke into somebody's house as well as the beach incident

What current standings & stats rank as the all-time greatest vs historians & pundits

In boxing JOE LOUIS-(l9l4-8l) as you know holds the record by being heavyweight champ 12 consecutive years  vs SUGAR RAY ROBINSON-(l922-1989) whom all of history ranks as the greatest ever pd 4 pd a phrase started with him in the '50's  Sadly, ROBINSON like RONALD REAGAN couldn't even recognize his wife towardsthe end, not only suffering from dementia but always had diabetes  Matter of fact JAKE LA MOTTA-(l922-2007) was known to say RAY & I fought so much I;m surprised I didn't catch diabetes-(6 times those 2 fought!)

& in the NFL all seem to personally say JOHNNY UNITAS A #1 Quarterback vs DREW BREES & TOM BRADY officially   As for wide receivers a BLOW OUT for JERRY RICE & as for running backs historians & fellow players today without pause say JIM BROWN, but officially it's BARRY SANDERS-(also picks BROWN)

On 5/5/2020 at 10:22 AM, JakeHolman said:

ALONG WITH TY COBB-(1886-`l96L) MAYBETHE ALL-TIM GREAtEST

tHINK YOU SAID YOU ALSO SAW 1994'S WORTH SEEING (**1/2) COBB ($8M.) WITH TOMMY LEE IS YET ANOTHER POWERHOUSE PER?

AND WHERE TO DO RATE THE NATURAL?

for me it was tremendous on the field, but flat off the  field & yet another superb & now classic score by Randy Newman  But he lost to A PASSAGE TO INDIA (M. Jarre)

On 4/19/2020 at 7:07 PM, spence said:

I agree about ALI, despite historians always voting ROBINSON A #1

remember a post I once did ion here about BOXING & HOLLYWOOD?

all of THE ROCK'S opponents said he hit **** he had 2 cement blacks in his gloves!!!   He was 510 & 1/2 & on avg 185lbs

EVER SEE THE 1969 & PRETTY CHEAPLY MADE-(2 discs) MARCINANO VS ALI COMPUTER BOUT?

A few yrs after THE ROCK was killed in some interview & he seemed honest ALI was asked who woulda been the fighter he was most scared of & without pause he said ROCKY in his prime  His rational being because MARCIANO woulda just been to hard to hit, always moving & with both hands

Straight from my  BERT SUGAR (937-2012) book   His choices as the all-time greatest fighters in history top 100, but i'll only list his final top ten  Before that he ranked MIKE TYSON as100th?

1st place SUGAR RAY ROBINSON

2nd HENRY ARMSTRONG

3rd WILLIE PEP

4th JOE LOUIS

5th HERRY GREB

6. BENNY LEONARD

7. MUHAMMAD ALI

8. ROBERTO DURAN

9. JACK DEMPSEY_(& Bert's vote as the greatest ever was DEMPSEY VS. FIRPO in 1923 with 11 knockdowns!)

10th place by Bert was  JACK JOHNSON

& ridiculously the sole boxer/heavyweight to never lose ROCKY MARCIANO at  14th???

please send own pix and comments

hang tough drew ... we are behind you ...

The NFL players are about 70 percent black and rising ... all are very well paid ... most americans can only dream about ... predict many fans will say good bye to the NFL ...

I go all the way back to Patterson-Johansson. After the first fight, theaters carried highlights. I don't know how many times I saw that. I STILL have every knockdown memorized, I can play them in my head. Amazing how the ref let it go that long.