Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh, so great to see the phony Steelers succumb to defeat.  11-0, hahahahah. A lot of good that did you.  I love your center.  That was hilarious. Pigboy Rothy was groaning all night. How nice.  So Steelers, buh-bye. 555 total yards and you still lose. :lol:

Number of Steelers' Super Bowl rings-6

Number of Browns' Super Bowl rings-0, not even a pinkie one.

I hope KC crushes the Brownies like the POS they are.

4 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Number of Steelers' Super Bowl rings-6

Number of Browns' Super Bowl rings-0, not even a pinkie one.

I hope KC crushes the Brownies like the POS they are.

KC will win by over 30 points 

KC has a running game.   Steelers' didn't.  

But why are the Browns POS?    They are actually a fairly well balanced team,  and Baker appears to have finally grown-up (well at least enough to do what is required of him).

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

KC will win by over 30 points 

KC has a running game.   Steelers' didn't.  

But why are the Browns POS?    They are actually a fairly well balanced team,  and Baker appears to have finally grown-up (well at least enough to do what is required of him).

Being a Steelers fan all the other AFC North teams are POS, though maybe we can forget about the Bengals.

I didn't switch over until the middle of the first quarter and it was already 14-0. Big Ben has usually been bad

about throwing interceptions, though during the regular season he didn't have a big problem this year. I really

don't have a team to root for in the Super Bowl, though I may have a team to root against.

On 1/11/2021 at 9:03 PM, Vautrin said:

Being a Steelers fan all the other AFC North teams are POS, though maybe we can forget about the Bengals.

I didn't switch over until the middle of the first quarter and it was already 14-0. Big Ben has usually been bad

about throwing interceptions, though during the regular season he didn't have a big problem this year. I really

don't have a team to root for in the Super Bowl, though I may have a team to root against.

I'm sure there are enough POS teams to choose from.

1 hour ago, laffite said:

I'm sure there are enough POS teams to choose from.

Actually there aren't that many. I like a few teams and can't stand a few teams, but the great majority

I'm neutral on. 

Brees is going to play his last NFL game going out throwing a bunch of interceptions that cost the Saints the game.

Brady vs. Rogers will be good.   I'm pulling for the Packers and Rogers.       

Bills might have a chance over Chiefs if Mahomes is too injured to play (which I doubt) or slowed down by injuries.

A Hearty Round of Applause and Congradulations to Madam Sarah Fuller,.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏💝😊☺️😊😊😊👍👍👍👍👍🏈🏈🏈

So Refreshing to Contribute to a Swearing in..

...Where the Recipient Actually Talks In a Straight Line and is Respectful,.. . ...

😊☺️😊😊😊👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍👏👏👏👊👏👏👏👏👏👍👏👏👏

2 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Both the Ravens and the Browns lost. Ha ha. Sometimes revenge is a dish best eaten warm. 

True,   but looking towards next season,   the Browns are a team on their way up,  while the Steelers are a team on the way down (quickly so I would say).

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

True,   but looking towards next season,   the Browns are a team on their way up,  while the Steelers are a team on the way down (quickly so I would say).

Yes, the Browns have a much younger, talented QB. But we'll see how they do next season.

2 hours ago, laffite said:

u1JXt90.jpg

MY IDOL HAS DIED. THE GREATEST BASEBALL HERO OF MY LIFE.

My baseball hero\idol was Willie Mays and that says a lot coming from a Dodger fan.    Hank was great and for me he will always hold the record.

RIP.     

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I live in Buffalo and one thing that so many people (including Kansas City) has wrong:  Blue Cheese Not Ranch!  Actually, when I ate meat, I loved chicken wings with loads of lemon juice, seasoning like garlic and a little salt, and mild paprika (great for crispy skin).  Didn't mind barbecue sauce either.

I don't know who was the better player:  Mayes or Aaron.  However, there were many fans of The Babe (many of them white) who were unhappy about the home run record.  Unfortunately, I don't know when it will ever end.

My childhood baseball idol was Mickey Mantle. When I was young and naive I was a Yankees' fan.

I have since corrected that unfortunate error. 

So much for the Bills. Not even close. KC is much better if Mahomes stays in the pocket and throws. He hardly ran at all today and for a good reason. What kind of idiot goes for two at the end.? I'm sitting there wondering W T F ... the announcers didn't say much but then finally Rome intoned softly, "It strange they going for two." The Bills don't deserve to go to the Super Bowl with a damn fool coach. Yeah, yeah, the odds were to great ... but you have to give yourself every chance for as long as you can, no matter what. The team doctors need to administer an IQ test to whoever made that decision. Even if it's okay or even stellar, it makes him more a damn fool.

Tom Brady is a colossal hero but he won't win the Super Bowl. Why? Because the Bucs are going to get PULVERIZED by the Chiefs. So though Tom Brady will not win, his accomplishment for 2020 will still remain great.

10 hours ago, laffite said:

So much for the Bills. Not even close. KC is much better if Mahomes stays in the pocket and throws. He hardly ran at all today and for a good reason. What kind of idiot goes for two at the end.? I'm sitting there wondering W T F ... the announcers didn't say much but then finally Rome intoned softly, "It strange they going for two." The Bills don't deserve to go to the Super Bowl with a damn fool coach. Yeah, yeah, the odds were to great ... but you have to give yourself every chance for as long as you can, no matter what. The team doctors need to administer an IQ test to whoever made that decision. Even if it's okay or even stellar, it makes him more a damn fool.

Tom Brady is a colossal hero but he won't win the Super Bowl. Why? Because the Bucs are going to get PULVERIZED by the Chiefs. So though Tom Brady will not win, his accomplishment for 2020 will still remain great.

You're way too old school.   If a team makes the 2 point conversion over 50% of the time,  then that team should  go for 2 points,  each and every time.

Note that KC had a 100% rate,  while the Bills had a 0.0% rate.   So yea,  their coach is damn fool!   

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

You're way too old school.   If a team makes the 2 point conversion over 50% of the time,  then that team should  go for 2 points,  each and every time.

Note that KC had a 100% rate,  while the Bills had a 0.0% rate.   So yea,  their coach is damn fool!   

C'mon, James.

It's not correct that a team "should go for 2 points, each and every time." You have to figure out whether it is good risk or not every time..

If the Bills had settled for the easy one-point conversion they would have been behind by 16 points --- a two score game,

But they went for the relatively high-risk two-point conversion and missed, making them 17 points behind -- a three-score game.

See ?

ps  The Old School is the best school. They played percentages,which by definition will always be the wisest course.

The new-dangled school doesn't think much. They just " go for it" without using their head. Not only in football but in real life.

:lol:

🏈

1 hour ago, laffite said:

C'mon, James.

It's not correct that a team "should go for 2 points, each and every time." You have to figure out whether it is good risk or not every time..

If the Bills had settled for the easy one-point conversion they would have been behind by 16 points --- a two score game,

But they went for the relatively high-risk two-point conversion and missed, making them 17 points behind -- a three-score game.

See ?

ps  The Old School is the best school. They played percentages,which by definition will always be the wisest course.

The new-dangled school doesn't think much. They just " go for it" without using their head. Not only in football but in real life.

:lol:

🏈

Ok, I can see where I may have oversold the point,  but for a team that is very successful in the Red-Zone,   going for two most-of-the-time,  e.g.  in the first 3 quarters,  is a sound strategy supported by data.

What is foolish is going for TWO,  when NOT making it would add an extra need to score a field goal or touchdown;  being 3 scores behind,  instead of two.

The same is now true for going on 4th down;    More coaches are doing this and if one is  in the no-man-zone (between 40-40),  I believe the team should go for it.

Green Bay coach made a poor choice by kicking a field goal (which got GB to within 5),  instead of going on 4th,  and trying to score a touchdown. 

(Rams lost their last game by NOT going on 4th down,  giving the ball to the other team,  who ran down the clock).

55 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Ok, I can see where I may have oversold the point,  but for a team that is very successful in the Red-Zone,   going for two most-of-the-time,  e.g.  in the first 3 quarters,  is a sound strategy supported by data.

What is foolish is going for TWO,  when NOT making it would add an extra need to score a field goal or touchdown;  being 3 scores behind,  instead of two.

The same is now true for going on 4th down;    More coaches are doing this and if one is  in the no-man-zone (between 40-40),  I believe the team should go for it.

Green Bay coach made a poor choice by kicking a field goal (which got GB to within 5),  instead of going on 4th,  and trying to score a touchdown. 

(Rams lost their last game by NOT going on 4th down,  giving the ball to the other team,  who ran down the clock).

Thank you.

James, the article below is an exhaustive analysis on whether to go for one or two. If you don't want to read the entire article (and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't),  please still have a look and scan the article, including especially the graphs. My point in citing this link is to at least to demonstrate that it is not a wise choice to go for two "each and every time" --your words and that there is good reason to make a determination for each case.  Note they include the new one-point conversion, which is given a 95% success rate. They also acknowledge the roughly 50% 2-point success rate.

The article is quite a fascinating study and would be not be nearly so long and exhaustive if going for two was a simple proposition, which of course it is not.  Every case should be considered separately.

This is not to say that risks cannot be taken. You can violate these strictures (in the article) once in a while and can of course win games over such a decision. But it ought not done too often and by no means should be a way of life. IMO. I'm not saying I know anything, but one thing I do know. When you score a touchdown, consider well the conversion options.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/when-to-go-for-2-for-real/