Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Joe Garagiola had a funny story  that began like this; "Someone came up to me and asked 'Are you Joe Garagiolia?"  "Yes," I said. "Wow," said the other, "I thought you were dead." Unfortunately I don't remember how it went from there and if anyone knows it, I would appreciate knowing.

I was reminded of this half-anecdote when I saw Gary Player step up to the tee for a ceremonial drive at Number One at Augusta National today. Wow, what a thrill to see this! Gary Player does not have the stellar career that some other players we know but he was especially associated with the Masters. His competitiveness and his presence along side of Jack and Arnold. I know he won in 1960, a cool 60 years ago. And he looked nary a bit like a geezer today. After his drive he gave an exhilarated kick in the air which belied his age. Wow, thank you Gary Player for being there today. 

• Like 1

Sham was a great great horse who holds the 2nd highest running time in the Kentucky Derby .... his misfortune was having to run against the true King of horses ... Secretariat ...

Wow ... not since Smarty Jones another small horse ... might have another Seabiscuit  ... great race ...