Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6 minutes ago, Aritosthenes said:

Wasnt Quite Sure Where to place this.. ... let me know if You want me to move this Jake and if i can i will.

I'm not a moderator. We have a moderator here. The thread is open to all as far as I'm concerned. 

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

I'm not a moderator. We have a moderator here. The thread is open to all as far as I'm concerned. 

Got It. Well, Thank You.

Thought id check as You.. Seem(ed) to be the creator "initiator" of this impressively long running thread.

THE BRAVES LET THE DODGERS BACK IN THE SERIES ... HAD 'EM BY THE THROAT ... MIGHT COME BACK TO HAUNT 'EM WITH THE DODGERS WINNING THE SERIES ...

On 10/16/2021 at 10:34 AM, JamesJazGuitar said:

Dodgers in 6 games over Braves.

That's a good prog. I said in 5.

What do you think now, it's 3-1 Braves.

Dodger in seven?

Braves in five?

Braves in six?

Braves in seven?

I am opting for Dodgers in seven. I hate the Dodgers so I am just being negative. Those bastards will find a way.

56 minutes ago, laffite said:

That's a good prog. I said in 5.

What do you think now, it's 3-1 Braves.

Dodger in seven?

Braves in five?

Braves in six?

Braves in seven?

I am opting for Dodgers in seven. I hate the Dodgers so I am just being negative. Those bastards will find a way.

As you know I'm a big Dodger fan and have been for over 50 years,  but I'm predicting Braves in 6.    

The Dodgers starting arms didn't get the rest they needed due to the wild-card-game,  then the series with the Giants going to 5 (while the Braves won in 4),   and then the way the games have been scheduled (e.g.  all back-to-back unless there is a travel day).    Losing Kershaw as the 4th starter at the end of the season really hurt the Dodgers.    

21 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

As you know I'm a big Dodger fan and have been for over 50 years,  but I'm predicting Braves in 6.    

The Dodgers starting arms didn't get the rest they needed due to the wild-card-game,  then the series with the Giants going to 5 (while the Braves won in 4),   and then the way the games have been scheduled (e.g.  all back-to-back unless there is a travel day).    Losing Kershaw as the 4th starter at the end of the season really hurt the Dodgers.    

Playoff system is really stupid. It ought be done like they do in Hockey. Instead of determining the division champs first, would be better to take all the league playoff teams within each league and seed them by W-L record. Atlanta and Milwaukee got a big break out of not employing this method. Atlanta would have had to play San Francisco in the first round and Milwaukee would have had to play the Dodgers. But instead they get to play each other while the two top seed by far, the Dodgers and the Giants had to play each other, and in that shortened five-game round. That shouldn't be. It's counter-intuitive that the two best teams should meet in the first round. Instead, they should play the lower seeds first and if they both win then we have what most sports fan wants, the two best playing each other for the Pennant.

edited

• Like 1

Looks bad for the Dodgers. I was  hoping they would squash the Braves like  a small smelly bug. I   guess  now  the  AL will have

to get that job done. 

Well  at least for one game they crushed  the Braves  like the  small smelly bugs they are. Sweet. 

On 10/21/2021 at 12:46 PM, JamesJazGuitar said:

❤️LIKE

If you're into the blame game (and who isn't) the Dodgers can point to their manager. He is ultra conservative during the season. His pitchers get what? five or six  days rest. Then they go six innings or 100 pitches and it's over. And yet in the playoffs he panics. Buehler goes on three-day's rest not once but twice. That is rarely in fact never done in today's game. It was a stretch even backe when baseball was a game. Does he have so little confidence in his pitching staff that he has to resort to this? He got away with bringing Scherzer to pitch that ninth inning against the Giants. Scherzer was admittedly tired and he did not look good. He actually looked scared. Earlier in the series he's on TV after a game admitting that he was not right when he was warming up. That's weird, not often that a Cy Young Winner (how many times?) and future Hall of Fame-er to be making embarrassing cry-baby excuses like that   I feel sorry for today's young pitchers. My theory is that they will not develop properly within this 6-inning 100-pitch system. Give the the ball and say the game is yours, go as long as you can. Now they know in advance so they get the experience of taking responsibility, profit from having to work our of jams in the late innings. compile a few complete games under their belt. This will give them self-confidence and which will accumulate as the years go by. Buehler has not attained that experience and WAS NOT READY to pitch on three day's rest and Manager Roberts doesn't even seem to know that. Roberts manages as if he were playing a video game. He tweaks the batting lineup almost every game with endless platooning. He is not looking for something that might stick, he just like play with himself with it. Is it any surprise that Kiki Hernandez and J. Pederson find themselves on teams and flourishing? Why? It's because they get to play everyday. History shows that pennant winners, especially earlier on, win with their A team in there nearly everyday and in the same batting order. Roberts does not let his best players play everyday. O gee, I think I'll  jerk them around the lineup again. With Roberts, Justin Turner hits in the third position, the next in cleanup (he is not a cleanup hitter) and the next leading off.  Roberts does not know what he is doing. He is not a baseball man. He is just a prima donna little twit that inherited a great team has done very little with it. The Dodgers should get rid of him and try to a get a real baseball man. Bruce Bochy. Yes, he is expensive but do they want to win or not.

////

Another thing, Buehler had Rosario 0-2 when the latter hit the game winning homer. Rosario was spewing foul balls all over the place with the count 0-2. Why didn't Buhler waste a pitch, try to make Rosario go after a bad pitch, especially batters these days are over swinging like mad. Everyone knows that. Buehler wasn't ever there mentally IMO, I have it on the DVR is not at attention. He was a zombie.

Remember Whitey Herzog, Danny Murtaugh, Sparky Anderson, guys like that ; they knew what they were doing. Roberts in comparison is like a little boy. Naive. Playing his little video game called the Los Angeles Dodgers. Did you hear him in the clubhouse interview room after the loss. He referenced things that he "couldn't talk about" Oh, in other words, we lost for some good reasons but I can't talk about them because it might look bad ... or something? No, idiot, they lost because you don't know how to manage. Anyone can win a Division with a good team, but you don't know how to manage in the playoffs. And this is not just this time, it is documented on all the stupid decisions you have made in playoffs these last four or five miserable years you have "managed" he Dodgers.

Disclosure : I am not going off on the Dodgers because I like them and unhappy because they lost. I hate their guts. The last time I was a Dodger fan was in 1956 when they lost to the Yankees. I don't remember '63 and '64 that much because by that time I was an adult and couldn't follow. I might like them better if they had another manager. I can't stand Roberts. In fairness, he buys into this newfangled philosophy, six innings or 100 pitches. If some pitcher has a no-hitter in the 7th, out he comes because dammit he has 99 pitches. That is sacrilege. If you're a fan a no-hitter is an exciting thing and you take the guy out? That is a crime against the game of baseball and is completely bereft of the spirit of the game that we have loved for decades. Oh, poor baby, we gotta take you out 'cause we don't wanna you hurt your arm. So get your diapers on and go the clubhouse, there's a high chair waiting for you. They worry they will ruin their arms, the poor babies. Paradoxically you are not getting all that money's worth when you manage them that way. And you pay up the **** for them as you well know. Use them, give them the ball and let them pitch. Roberts won't do that. 'Cause he is inept.