Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today the Chargers recovered a fumble and ran it in for six. That made the score 30-22 with about 13 minutes left in the game. The Chargers decided to go for two. Why? A simple extra point would have made it a two-score game. Why go for two? If you fail then the Bengals can score a touchdown and tie the game with a two-point conversion. If you instead do the indicated thing and kick the high percentage option of kicking the extra point, the Bengals then must score at least twice to get the lead.

The two announcers questioned the call but only briefly. The sucked up to the coach with "Well, that's the way they do things nowadays."  Poor analysis. It was a stupid decision by the coach.

Am I wrong?

1 hour ago, laffite said:

Today the Chargers recovered a fumble and ran it in for six. That made the score 30-22 with about 13 minutes left in the game. The Chargers decided to go for two. Why? A simple extra point would have made it a two-score game. Why go for two? If you fail then the Bengals can score a touchdown and tie the game with a two-point conversion. If you instead do the indicated thing and kick the high percentage option of kicking the extra point, the Bengals then must score at least twice to get the lead.

The two announcers questioned the call but only briefly. The sucked up to the coach with "Well, that's the way they do things nowadays."  Poor analysis. It was a stupid decision by the coach.

Am I wrong?

the Baltimore Ravens losing out to the pittsburgh steelers in the final minutes was better.

:lol:

Yeah, the Ravens went  for two points for the win and  didn't make it. That did take  some guts, instead of going  for the tie  and

then into overtime.  The Steelers played a good game, but I don't think they  are going to go much further this  season, though

I would be glad  if they did.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, well, there'll be no talking to a nephew of mine, a HUGE blue supporter, after last night's dismal turnout.  He'll likely be in a funk until Valentine's Day.

Sepiatone