Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SPORTS

JakeHolman

Pats get smoked by  the Bills.  Get lost, Billy Boy. 

Cowboys screw up at the end.  Hey Jerry, GFY.

Now comes the harder part--eliminating  the two Bays. Get 'er done.

1 minute ago, Vautrin said:

Pats get smoked by  the Bills.  Get lost, Billy Boy. 

Cowboys screw up at the end.  Hey Jerry, GFY.

Now comes the harder part--eliminating  the two Bays. Get 'er done.

I'm a Cowboys fan - a thankless role for 26 years - and I knew it was over last week when the Cowboys were patting themselves on the back for beating the Philadelphia Eagles' practice squad.

1 hour ago, LsDoorMat said:

I'm a Cowboys fan - a thankless role for 26 years - and I knew it was over last week when the Cowboys were patting themselves on the back for beating the Philadelphia Eagles' practice squad.

I'm a Cowboys' non-fan, to put it mildly. They did have a chance to  win the game but that last play came up a little short. Things happen.

The Cowboys  are like the Yankees, they've been so good  for long stretches of time that one forgets they haven't  won the Super Bowl or the

World  Series in  a while.  

21 hours ago, LsDoorMat said:

I assume Arron Rogers is happy they way the Cowboys played since it is more evidence that Rogers won a Super Bowl despite Mike McCarthy being coach instead of because he was.     McCarthy is not respected by his own players;    a team that leads the league in penalties in 2021  (and may have cost them this payoff game).

47 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I assume Arron Rogers is happy they way the Cowboys played since it is more evidence that Roger won a Super Bowl despite Mike McCarthy being coach instead of because he was.     McCarthy is not respected by his own players;    a team that lead the league in penalties in 2021  (and may have cost them this payoff game).

McCarthy had Rodgers as QB for over ten years and only won one Super Bowl. LaFleur is coach for three years and Green Bay is the top seed in the NFL for two of those three years.  My husband is a Green Bay fan so I am very aware of their history for the last thirty years. McCarthy wasn't in demand anywhere when Jerry Jones hired him and then it was because he was somebody Jerry could push around and would not push back. 

8 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

McCarthy had Rodgers as QB for over ten years and only won one Super Bowl. LaFleur is coach for three years and Green Bay is the top seed in the NFL for two of those three years.  My husband is a Green Bay fan so I am very aware of their history for the last thirty years. McCarthy wasn't in demand anywhere when Jerry Jones hired him and then it was because he was somebody Jerry could push around and would not push back. 

Interesting comments about Jones and McCarthy;   I wondered why Jones hired McCarthy so quickly instead of seeking others that I believe were better coaches (or a young-and-up-coming coach).

6 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Interesting comments about Jones and McCarthy;   I wondered why Jones hired McCarthy so quickly instead of seeking others that I believe were better coaches (or a young-and-up-coming coach).

Look at his history. The best coach Jones ever hired was Jimmy Johnson. The first time Jimmy puts him in his place and tells Jones he is NOT a coach he fires him, and he has been hiring mediocrities ever since, with the exception of Bill Parcells for three or four seasons.  

1 hour ago, LsDoorMat said:

Look at his history. The best coach Jones ever hired was Jimmy Johnson. The first time Jimmy puts him in his place and tells Jones he is NOT a coach he fires him, and he has been hiring mediocrities ever since, with the exception of Bill Parcells for three or four seasons.  

Hey,  I believe you.     I don't follow the Cowboys because they are my least favorite NFL team.     

On 1/22/2022 at 11:34 PM, Vautrin said:

Pats. Out

Cowboys. Out

The  Pack (ain't back.) Out.

Now, let's dropkick mfing Brady through  the goal post of   life.

You got your wish,   but it was a close one.     Rams did all they could to lose a game they had in the bag.

The Bills \ KC game was a great one;    Over 20 points scored in the less than 2 minutes at the end of that game (leading to OT).

2 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

You got your wish,   but it was a close one.     Rams did all they could to lose a game they had in the bag.

The Bills \ KC game was a great one;    Over 20 points scored in the less than 2 minutes at the end of that game (leading to OT).

I'm surprised  things worked out that well in all those games. I wondered  whether that fumble down by  the goal line at the end  of

the half  was some kind of bad omen and  it almost  turned  out to be.  Rams seemed  to slack  off in the fourth quarter and  here

comes ol' Tom with another late game drive. Glad the Rams went  for  a score with about  half a minute left because in overtime I

can just see  the Bucs winning toss and  Brady scoring a TD. Game over. I was going  a bit for the Bills but those were two great

games. 

My Picks: The Rams will win a close one. The QB Stafford will get the monkey off his back with a win. The Bengals upset the Chiefs with a fine performance from Joe Burrow proving he's a big game QB winner as he was at LSU.

18 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

I wonder if Flores' attorney contacted the NFL's legal staff prior to filing this lawsuit;   Clearly the Giants are liable and I suspect the Broncos as well.

To address Flores' legit complaints Goodell should have fined both team one million dollars and gave the two million to Flores.