Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

to quote Scarlett, "Tomorrow is another day!"

It is indeed. And to be honest, I don't usually pay much mind to the whole thing.. but since they've come this far, am hoping the home team boys will finish well. Go Royals! :) 

to quote Scarlett, "Tomorrow is another day!"

It is indeed. And to be honest, I don't usually pay much mind to the whole thing.. but since they've come this far, am hoping the home team boys will finish well. Go Royals! :)

I have a strong feeling they'll win.  So I'll wish you congratulations in advance!  :)

• Like 1

Congrats to the Giants.. and just want to say, what an amazing end to the season for SF AND for KC too.

And will just add: Great Job, to the Boys in Blue! Would have been great to have the Royals take it all (just from a "home town perspective). but they certainly deserve a round of applause for going so far as they did.  

Congrats again, to both teams. 

• Like 2

Congrats to the Giants.. and just want to say, what an amazing end to the season for SF AND for KC too.

And will just add: Great Job, to the Boys in Blue! Would have been great to have the Royals take it all (just from a "home town perspective). but they certainly deserve a round of applause for going so far as they did.  

Congrats again, to both teams. 

Beautifully said.  My intuition was off, but I'm happy for the Giants and their fans.  The Royals do deserve a big round of applause.  The final game really could have gone either way, they were so evenly matched.  Two great teams, and an exciting October! 

• Like 2

Bochy the Manager for the ages. And Baumgartner, a hero for out time. Pablo is a free agent now and will probably go to another team. It would be nice if Pablo simply asked for a healthy raise and stayed with the Giants. Turn down the inevitable higher offer to come from another team. He has three World Series rings with the Giants. Stay with the Giants, Pablo! (Yeah, I know, fat chance).

Bochy the Manager for the ages. And Baumgartner, a hero for out time. Pablo is a free agent now and will probably go to another team. It would be nice if Pablo simply asked for a healthy raise and stayed with the Giants. Turn down the inevitable higher offer to come from another team. He has three World Series rings with the Giants. Stay with the Giants, Pablo! (Yeah, I know, fat chance).

I believe these Giants are now the only non-Yankee team to win as many as three World Series in a five-year period. Correct?

The Giants are a large-market team. Why can't they keep him?

Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants and their fans.

Sepiatone

Grudgingly I offer the same.  A very very good World Series which is one of the best in a long time at least for myself.  Kudos to my marvelous upstart KC Royals for their amazing season.  A brilliant round of applause for the mental toughness of the Giants and the utterly spectacular pitching of the MadBum.  This was baseball at it's best.

• Like 1

I see that, for his MVP performance, Bumgarner won a Chevy truck featuring, in the words of the presenter, "technology and stuff".

LOL

Yeah, that guy was a great mouthpiece for Chevrolet, wasn't he?!

(...and while watching him, I wondered if he could actually fit inside a Corvette???) 

Grudgingly I offer the same.  A very very good World Series which is one of the best in a long time at least for myself.  Kudos to my marvelous upstart KC Royals for their amazing season.  A brilliant round of applause for the mental toughness of the Giants and the utterly spectacular pitching of the MadBum.  This was baseball at it's best.

I'm no sports nut but anything that brings such silliness to the earliest possible finish I be for....so when the giants won last nite I cheered and guffawed delightfully. :lol: reminds me of that M*A*S*H ep where winchester makes a baseball bet with klinger. Igor creams father mulcahy's corn and winchester faints in the compound with the radio blearing over the PA "THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!..." :lol::lol::lol:

I'm no sports nut but anything that brings such silliness to the earliest possible finish I be for....so when the giants won last nite I cheered and guffawed delightfully. :lol: reminds me of that M*A*S*H ep where winchester makes a baseball bet with klinger. Igor creams father mulcahy's corn and winchester faints in the compound with the radio blearing over the PA "THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!..." :lol::lol::lol:

You equate BASEBALL to "silliness"????  You sir/ma'am are a cur and a reprobate.  A pox upon thy nasal hairs.

The Giants are a large-market team. Why can't they keep him?

Maybe they will pay him enough, but not likely. Free agents normally get higher offers from other teams ... and they take it.

I believe these Giants are now the only non-Yankee team to win as many as three World Series in a five-year period. Correct?

Boston Red Sox, 1914-18, Oakland A's 1972-4, someone has already mentioned this latter case. The Yankees did it three times. 1936-39, 1949-1953, 1998-2000. But in those earlier instances (as pointed out before) you had practically the same team every year (because of no free agency) and it was easier to build a dynasty. Also already pointed out is that Bochy had practically an entire different team from one end of the five years to the other. Joe Torre gets credit for three in a row in the late nineties but he had an owner who spent gobs of money. Not taking anything away from Joe, but Bruce gets extra credit for what he was able to do with what players he had.

Good series, yes ... though five of the seven games were blowouts.

Maybe they will pay him enough, but not likely. Free agents normally get higher offers from other teams ... and they take it.

Boston Red Sox, 1914-18, Oakland A's 1972-4, someone has already mentioned this latter case. The Yankees did it three times. 1936-39, 1949-1953, 1998-2000. But in those earlier instances (as pointed out before) you had practically the same team every year (because of no free agency) and it was easier to build a dynasty. Also already pointed out is that Bochy had practically an entire different team from one end of the five years to the other. Joe Torre gets credit for three in a row in the late nineties but he had an owner who spent gobs of money. Not taking anything away from Joe, but Bruce gets extra credit for what he was able to do with what players he had.

Good series, yes ... though five of the seven games were blowouts.

The So Cal clubs the Dodgers and Angels are some of the highest spending teams (the Dodgers being #1),  but lately they haven't done well in the playoffs.    It will be interesting to see what changes they make to be better post-season teams.   At one time the Doegers primary owner stated that spending money wasn't a concern but now he has hinted this isn't the case.   Speaking of a former Yankee; if Mattingly doesn't get the Dodgers into the World Series next season he will be fired.   I wish he was fired now. 

I was "bummed out" that I didn't get to see the end of Bumgarner's MVP performance.  I was switching back and forth between the game and PBS and dozed off.   When I woke up, Charlie Rose was on!  So, I stayed up till 3 watching "Harper: before I went to bed for real.  Good showing by both teams.  If the trend continues, the Giants can celebrate again in 2016.

Oakland A's 1972-74 were the World Champions.

There were actually 5 teams other than the Yankees that won at least 3 world series in 5 years..........The Philadelphia As in !911-1914, The Red Sox in 1915-1918, the Cardinals in 1942-1946, the Oakland As in 1972-1974, and I forget the fifth.

There were actually 5 teams other than the Yankees that won at least 3 world series in 5 years..........The Philadelphia As in !911-1914, The Red Sox in 1915-1918, the Cardinals in 1942-1946, the Oakland As in 1972-1974, and I forget the fifth.

On second thought, there may be no fifth.