Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Follow up. You can't win football games with poor 3rd down conversions percentage, turnovers and spotty defense as Bama did. Bama was a 10 point favorite at game time but did not play to its potential. OSU outplayed and outcoached Bama to win a shot at the National Title. Congrats.

FSU committed 5 turnovers in the 3rd quarter something they had never done before.  It cost them and

Oregon jumped all over them like white on rice resulting in points on the board. Oregon will be the big favorite for the Big Game.

I'll let someone else step up and pick this one.

I was surprised how poorly FSU played against Oregon.  I was equally stunned by Alabama's lack of execution against the Buckeyes.  After Tennessee blew out Iowa, the SEC is now 6-5 with one game to go.  Big 10 ends at 5-5.  Pac-12 ends at 6-2.  Big 12 ends at 2-5.

I was surprised how poorly FSU played against Oregon.  I was equally stunned by Alabama's lack of execution against the Buckeyes.  After Tennessee blew out Iowa, the SEC is now 6-5 with one game to go.  Big 10 ends at 5-5.  Pac-12 ends at 6-2.  Big 12 ends at 2-5.

FSU played well in the first half but yea,  they really stunk in that 3rd quarter.    Like Bogie and Bergman will always have a memory of Paris,   I'll always have the memory of Jameis Winston falling down and turning over the ball.     

Carolina beats Arizona (what might have been for the Cardinals if they could have avoided some key injuries?).  Baltimore takes care of Pittsburgh.  For the Ravens, it was their 10th road playoff victory which ties them for most all-time in the NFL (with Green Bay).  So, the Panthers now travel to Green Bay (if Detroit beats Dallas today), or they go to Seattle if the Cowboys win.  Baltimore goes to New England next week.  The winner of the Bengals-Colts game will travel to Denver next week.

Carolina beats Arizona (what might have been for the Cardinals if they could have avoided some key injuries?).  Baltimore takes care of Pittsburgh.  For the Ravens, it was their 10th road playoff victory which ties them for most all-time in the NFL (with Green Bay).  So, the Panthers now travel to Green Bay (if Detroit beats Dallas today), or they go to Seattle if the Cowboys win.  Baltimore goes to New England next week.  The winner of the Bengals-Colts game will travel to Denver next week.

Neither of the Panthers' options is very enviable.

Neither of the Panthers' options is very enviable.

Yea, the Panthers will have a much harder game against the Seahawks.    The Cardinals just couldn't move the ball.   Russell Wilson might get more yards rushing then the Cardinals got in the entire game against the Panthers.

But at least the Seahawks play indoors.        

Yea, the Panthers will have a much harder game against the Seahawks.    The Cardinals just couldn't move the ball.   Russell Wilson might get more yards rushing then the Cardinals got in the entire game against the Panthers.

But at least the Seahawks play indoors.        

I've always been something of a Detroit Lions' fan, and I'm very **** off.

I've always been something of a Detroit Lions' fan, and I'm very **** off.

Are you upset about the refs changing that pass interference call late in the game?    To me it was pass interference since the defensive player didn't turn his head (i.e. he was playing the man instead of the ball).      But I'm not sure that Detroit would of won even if that call wasn't reversed.    Most of the time to move forward in the playoffs a team has to be able to score a touchdown in the second half.

Are you upset about the refs changing that pass interference call late in the game?    To me it was pass interference since the defensive player didn't turn his head (i.e. he was playing the man instead of the ball).      But I'm not sure that Detroit would of won even if that call wasn't reversed.    Most of the time to move forward in the playoffs a team has to be able to score a touchdown in the second half.

Ouch......and apparently the long-term plan is for the Rams to move back to L.A. Roman Gabriel and Vinnie Ferragamo live again.

...depending on the game. Detroit would have very most likely won this one.

The call shouldn't have been changed. Pass interference is not reviewable so it wasn't that situation, where they go under the hood and watch the replay. In this case the refs just conferred (a rather long time after the play) and then changed the call. Not right. It was a bang-bang play and the original call should have stood. It wasn't fair to the Lions to "reverse" that call. Sometime refs will do this and it is evident that they made the right decision. Here the play was too close to reverse in this fashion, especially in such a crucial moment of the game. Not fair.

...depending on the game. Detroit would have very most likely won this one.

The call shouldn't have been changed. Pass interference is not reviewable so it wasn't that situation, where they go under the hood and watch the replay. In this case the refs just conferred (a rather long time after the play) and then changed the call. Not right. It was a bang-bang play and the original call should have stood. It wasn't fair to the Lions to "reverse" that call. Sometime refs will do this and it is evident that they made the right decision. Here the play was too close to reverse in this fashion, especially in such a crucial moment of the game. Not fair.

I think Chris Christie had something to do with it!  

I was quite disappointed in Cincinnati's performance at Indianapolis.  The Bengals in the second half of that game weren't much better than the Cardinals were in Charlotte.  Andy Dalton has a way to go to become an elite NFL quarterback, but I guess you could say that about most of the guys who play that position.

If it were September or October weather, I'd give the Cowboys at fighting chance against Green Bay, but...no such luck this weekend at Lambeau Field!  Seahawks should handle the Panthers with relative ease.  Denver will beat the Colts, and it might not be that close.  Baltimore over New England?  I wouldn't bet against the Ravens.  Who knows, they could be lining up to be like San Francisco in baseball (win a title every other year?). :unsure:

If it were September or October weather, I'd give the Cowboys at fighting chance against Green Bay, but...no such luck this weekend at Lambeau Field!  Seahawks should handle the Panthers with relative ease.  Denver will beat the Colts, and it might not be that close.  Baltimore over New England?  I wouldn't bet against the Ravens.  Who knows, they could be lining up to be like San Francisco in baseball (win a title every other year?). :unsure:

I agree with your assessement except the last ... I don't think the Pats would be a bad bet against the Ravens. They are the favorite and rightfully so...and they are at  home. But I am rooting for the Ravens, I want a spectacular Flacco repeat of two years ago when he knocked us all dead with his brilliant Super Bowl run.

I was quite disappointed in Cincinnati's performance at Indianapolis.  The Bengals in the second half of that game weren't much better than the Cardinals were in Charlotte.  Andy Dalton has a way to go to become an elite NFL quarterback, but I guess you could say that about most of the guys who play that position.

Rodgers is not even close to 100%. This game could be a contest. Remember the Ice Bowl?

Clearly the reversal of that call was yet again an example of a "home field call" on behalf of the refs!

I don't know about you guys, but it seems to be we see these sorts of "home field calls" all the time in the NFL. It's as if the home crowd "intimidates" the refs into these sorts of calls...'cause THAT was CLEARLY a case of defensive pass interference...CLEARLY!!!

(...and maybe the very reason odds-makers have almost always given 3 points to the home team as a rule)

Rodgers is not even close to 100%. This game could be a contest. Remember the Ice Bowl?

Well so far Romo hasn't pulled a Romo in the playoffs.   (making a boneheaded move late in a game). 

If Romo keeps playing at the level he has been this season the game may come down to who has the ball last.

Clearly the reversal of that call was yet again an example of a "home field call" on behalf of the refs!

I don't know about you guys, but it seems to be we see these sorts of "home field calls" all the time in the NFL. It's as if the home crowd "intimidates" the refs into these sorts of calls...'cause THAT was CLEARLY a case of defensive pass interference...CLEARLY!!!

(...and maybe the very reason odds-makers have almost always given 3 points to the home team as a rule)

..and the powers-that-be might have wanted the Cowboys to win (better ratings)

Boy, all things Ravens, players and fans alike, might have a few sleepless nights after letting this one get away after blowing 14-0 and 28-14 leads. I hate the Patriots but the upside to this is that the prime Brady-Manning matchup is still on providing the Broncos can win tomorrow. My anathema for the Patriots has been somewhat tempered in recent years owing to those two devastating losses in '07 and '11 against the kid brother upstart who wasn't supposed to as good as Brady. But you gotta give him credit here, great job to come back and win it. Now the Broncos need to prevail against Indy ... I hope. If not, the Pats chance for the Super is very good. But even so, it won't be easy. The NFC will most certainly offer a worthy opponent. But wait, we're not there yet ...

I don't like the Pats or the Ravens, so I didn't care that much who

won. Good game though. I figured the Panthers would fold when

they actually played a real football team, one that didn't have a

losing record or a third string QB. Happy the Cowgirls lost. Sometimes

you eat the zebra and sometimes the zebra eats you. Never liked

the boys. Colts ahead at halftime 14-10. I'd like to see the Colts

win this one, tired of the Broncos, but it will be tough to beat Denver.

We'll see.

The zebras made the correct call in that Packers/Cowboy game as the rules now state. However, the other zebras still made one of the worst non-calls in that Lions/Cowboys game in not calling a blatant pass inference during a key moment in that one last week.

And, I'm surprised they actually made the correct call after review just now in Denver and on that punt reception non-fumble, as the punt returner who just got his bell rung WAS down by contact AND with possession before the ball squirted out from his grasp...and no MATTER what CBS's so-called referee "expert" OR any Broncos' fan will now tell you.

The zebras made the correct call in that Packers/Cowboy game as the rules now state. However, the other zebras still made one of the worst non-calls in that Lions/Cowboys game in not calling a blatant pass inference during a key moment in that one last week.

And, I'm surprised they actually made the correct call after review just now in Denver and on that punt reception non-fumble, as the punt returner who just got his bell rung WAS down by contact AND with possession before the ball squirted out from his grasp...and no MATTER what CBS's so-called referee "expert" OR any Broncos' fan will now tell you.

Poor play selection by the Cowboy on that fourth and six (the call that was reversed). It wasn't exactly a go route, rather a sort of alley-oop jump ball sort of thing way down field, maybe he wasn't the primary receiver...I kept waiting for the announcers to opine that maybe Manning was playing with an injury or something, I've never seen him so lame...No Manning-Brady matchup, a disappointment (but after Manning's perf today, perhaps it shouldn't be).

Poor play selection by the Cowboy on that fourth and six (the call that was reversed). It wasn't exactly a go route, rather a sort of alley-oop jump ball sort of thing way down field, maybe he wasn't the primary receiver...I kept waiting for the announcers to opine that maybe Manning was playing with an injury or something, I've never seen him so lame...No Manning-Brady matchup, a disappointment (but after Manning's perf today, perhaps it shouldn't be).

Hopefully this is Manning's last game.    He has been looking really old the last 6 or so games.   His performance today wasn't due to any injury.   He has just lost it due to age.   Time to hang it up.    

As for Dallas;    I think the better team won.   But Rogers will need to be more mobile against the faster Seahawks defense.  

Yeah, you're probably right about the play, though It was almost a fantastic catch.

And yes again, Manning was way off the mark on many of his throws...IF you don't count some of the dropped passes my Thomas which hurt their cause.

(Note to receiver Thomas: LOOK the freakin' ball into your freakin' hands BEFORE you turn up-field...you should have learned THIS while playing your high school football)

Oh, and btw and regarding Manning being off his game today...besides the Colts offensive line being "the heroes", so was the Colts defensive backfield, which contributed a lot toward Manning being off the mark.

Whatever the call on the reception, that was some hit. Ouch. Usually the bad calls seem to even

out, but not always, or not in time. I'm a veteran Cowboys hater, well disliker sounds better, so

I'm glad they lost. Yes, the offensive line gave Luck excellent protection throughout the game and

as you already mentioned, the defense did its job as well, even if Peyton didn't look very good

anyway. Well, he'll always have a new slew of TV commercials. I can't wait. I know there's no give

the new guy a chance in sports, but I'm glad the Colts won. Now for me it's anybody but the Pats.

No, "hated" is just fine IMO ;-) we sports fans can do that, after all it's only a game, hating is acceptable with sports (we can even "kill the ump" and get away with it). But yes, the use of that word is considered untoward in the main, relative to the normal course of things ... but the Pats winning the whole thing cannot be in the normal course of things to me because I HATE them, ha ("...anybody but the Pats."---agreed) I don't necessarily think they are a shoo in---the Colts can be dangerous---but if they do get in I think Seattle would probably be more likely to whup'em, especially at the possibility of a compromised (if not downright gimpy) Aaron Rogers. Go Seahawks!! 

Whatever the call on the reception, that was some hit. Ouch. Usually the bad calls seem to even

out, but not always, or not in time. I'm a veteran Cowboys hater, well disliker sounds better, so

I'm glad they lost. Yes, the offensive line gave Luck excellent protection throughout the game and

as you already mentioned, the defense did its job as well, even if Peyton didn't look very good

anyway. Well, he'll always have a new slew of TV commercials. I can't wait. I know there's no give

the new guy a chance in sports, but I'm glad the Colts won. Now for me it's anybody but the Pats.

Cowboys-----You live by the sword (refs in Lions game), you die by the sword (refs in Packers game)

Cowboys-----You live by the sword (refs in Lions game), you die by the sword (refs in Packers game)

I was surprised that the Fox network introduced the Cowboys as America's Team.   OK,  I get that this is the hype they push to increase their fan base, and hats off to Jones,  because they do have more fans outside of their area then any other team (I recall seeing a poll about this).   Great job of marketing,  BUT the network shouldn't be pushing that marketing theme.    It was like they were rooting for the Cowboys to win (since who wouldn't be for America's team).      Announcers should be impartial.