Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It was like they were rooting for the Cowboys to win (since who wouldn't be for America's team). 

Well James, my guess would be some of those fellas living in caves along the Pakistani/Afghan border who might have tuned into CBS for that game yesterday.

(...yep, surprisingly word is some of those fellas are real NFL fans...mostly Raiders fans, I understand...evidently they identify with those losers the most!)

I was surprised that the Fox network introduced the Cowboys as America's Team.   OK,  I get that this is the hype they push to increase their fan base, and hats off to Jones,  because they do have more fans outside of their area then any other team (I recall seeing a poll about this).   Great job of marketing,  BUT the network shouldn't be pushing that marketing theme.    It was like they were rooting for the Cowboys to win (since who wouldn't be for America's team).      Announcers should be impartial.   

I believe the Packers are the second or third most popular NFL team nationally.

My wife and I are very much looking forward to the Oregon/Ohio State game tonight.  Neither of us are fans of either team so we are just hoping for a hard fought tenacious game going down to the wire.  The last college football game of the season is always a sad one as then one has to wait for months for the new season to begin.

I believe the Packers are the second or third most popular NFL team nationally.

I think you're right about that if I remember the result of that poll.   I assume the Packers being owned by 'the people' instead of some super rich dude makes them more popular as well as their history of winning.   

This Oregon/Ohio State Game is driving me crazy! After Oregon had two major dropped catches and missed converting a couple of Ohio's fumbles, they seem to be coming back.... There's an 8 pt deficit, and I'm hoping they can make a come back.

GO DUCKS!!!!

This Oregon/Ohio State Game is driving me crazy! After Oregon had two major dropped catches and missed converting a couple of Ohio's fumbles, they seem to be coming back.... There's an 8 pt deficit, and I'm hoping they can make a come back.

GO DUCKS!!!!

Well damn.

See you in the Fall Ducks.  Next up, rooting against the Patriots and Seahawks to make it into the Super Bowl.  Then, a long sports dry spell until minor league baseball starts up and I can go to cheap games. 

I think you're right about that if I remember the result of that poll.   I assume the Packers being owned by 'the people' instead of some super rich dude makes them more popular as well as their history of winning.   

..and their uniforms and logo are well-liked. Also the fact that they are the only small city left in the NFL from all the small cities from when the league was formed.

Seahawks over Packers, 38-28

Colts over Pats, 33-31

Anyone else have an idea?

I'll go with your Seahawks over the Packers because of the Rogers leg injury and immobility but as the weather should be rainy in Foxborough and the Colts are a dome team  I will go with the Pats by 7-10.

The onside kick is really quite a play in football, isn't it! It's certainly not a gimme for the receiving team. Troy Aikman said, "...an improbable victory as I have ever seen." Amazing finish! And certainly a good one for the anyone-but-the-Pats crowd.

No offense to Packers' fans, but the Packers chocked, gave the game away and Seattle was very lucky. Speaking of Luck, QB Luck can't be a one man team and the game showed how many holes the Colts have in their team. I like Brady and the Pats in the SB in a close one.

https://screen.yahoo.com/nfl-now/rodgers-cant-blame-anyone-ourselves-233954733.html

No offense to Packers' fans, but the Packers chocked, gave the game away and Seattle was very lucky. Speaking of Luck, QB Luck can't be a one man team and the game showed how many holes the Colts have in their team. I like Brady and the Pats in the SB in a close one.

https://screen.yahoo.com/nfl-now/rodgers-cant-blame-anyone-ourselves-233954733.html

Interesting names on the Packers. The guy with the first name "Ha-Ha".Tthe announcers treated his name as if it was Jim. Also, Richard Rodgers......They never even mentioned Oscar Hammerstein.

Nobody has surmised that the deflated footballs were caused by sabotage, to frame up Belichek and Brady to make them look bad. It's a possibility.I

Out of all the possible reasons,  sabotage to frame Belichek and Brady has to be the least likely.   What is most likely is that some lowly staff member decided to 'help' the team (since everyone has known for years that Brady likes the ball under-inflated). 

Of course maybe Brady ordered the person to do it.     To me that is the million dollar question here (as in who is going to pay that amount in a fine!).

• Like 1

Out of all the possible reasons,  sabotage to frame Belichek and Brady has to be the least likely.   What is mostly likely is that some lowly staff member decided to 'help' the team (since everyone has known for years that Brady likes the ball under-inflated). 

Of course maybe Brady ordered the person to do it.     To me that is the million dollar question here (as in who is going to pay that amount in a fine!).

If they WERE guilty, it would be stupid for both B and B to arrange press conferences to declare their innocence. That could prove very troublesome if evidence were found that they knew about it. It would have been perfectly reasonable for each to say, "It would not be appropriate for me to comment while the league is investigating the matter".

Anyone not interested in human football and doesn't mind a whole lotta cute might want to watch Kitten Bowl 2015 on the Hallmark Channel on Sunday.  Just a thought!

I don't know if it will air on Hallmark Channel or not, but on the way home from work today, a radio station announcer was talking about the Puppy Bowl.  Apparently the halftime entertainment is being provided by a kitten named "Kitty Purry"!

• Like 1