Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so I was listenin' to this sports guy on cnn this morning and he's sayin' how roger goodell understands now about all this PR and domestic abuse stuff and how he's now sensitive to the public's pulse on all this ray wise slash football deflatin' stuff and I'm askin' myself...

he didn't appreciate all that when he became NFL commish?

I mean who do these people (sports figures + cable news talkin' heads) think they're shuckin' and jivin' out here?

people have known for decades that major sports is big business and all the sharp clever PR bull in the world isn't gonna change that so if I might channel Col. Potter a little bit from M*A*S*H...

"save it for sunday!"  or..

the pontificatin' boat ain't in the harbor. :)

I don't know if it will air on Hallmark Channel or not, but on the way home from work today, a radio station announcer was talking about the Puppy Bowl.  Apparently the halftime entertainment is being provided by a kitten named "Kitty Purry"!

Yes, I'd forgotten about the Puppy Bowl.  Can't wait till halftime!

I can't think of any instance in which an NBA team that is not well-regarded by anyone comes out of nowhere to be arguably the best team in the league. The Atlanta Hawks are a great story.

If they keep this up, we could get an Atlanta vs. Golden State final in June?  Never thought I'd see the day!

14 to 14 at halftime in the REAL Super Bowl.  What's the score in the little animal "bowls" some of you are watching?  My wife and I just started watching Katy Perry.  One very sexy chick!!

I refer to Katy Perry as "the little 'ol hit-maker".  Practically everything she records seems destined for a top 10 hit.  I stopped watching the Kitten Bowl after the Cougars built what seemed to be an insurmountable 29-7 lead over the Mountain Lions early in the 3rd quarter.  Wonder how it turned out....any word, GayD?

• Like 1

I refer to Katy Perry as "the little 'ol hit-maker".  Practically everything she records seems destined for a top 10 hit.  I stopped watching the Kitten Bowl after the Cougars built what seemed to be an insurmountable 29-7 lead over the Mountain Lions early in the 3rd quarter.  Wonder how it turned out....any word, GayD?

Looks like it was the 'Wildcats' with the score=36-25

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2350017-kitten-bowl-2015-recap-mvp-highlights-and-twitter-reaction

;)

& they ALL got adopted!!

• Like 2

I went out and had to miss the ending.  I did learn today that "excessive celebration" is a real call.  I thought it was just a "cat" call.   :rolleyes:

14 to 14 at halftime in the REAL Super Bowl.  What's the score in the little animal "bowls" some of you are watching?  My wife and I just started watching Katy Perry.  One very sexy chick!!

The most incredible football game I've ever seen............and did you see Doug Baldwin's touchdown celebration?

The most incredible football game I've ever seen............and did you see Doug Baldwin's touchdown celebration?

I did not see the TD celebration live as I was way too slumped down and depressed in my easy chair at the moment.  Just saw it now.  Typical childish TD celebration crud one sees so much of.  The ending of the game was certainly out-of-this-world in nature.  Even Brady was jumping up and down like a jackrabbit on the sideline after the interception.  Everybody in the whole world thought the Seahawks were just a moment from winning.  My wife and myself included and then the game went down the rabbit hole with the "PLAY".  Amazing.  I'm glad the Pats won but still befuddled by the playcall of a pass when Mr. Beastmode would have taken the pigskin in easily probably.    As for the commercials during the game I was quite unimpressed overall with what I saw..  Nothing to write home about. 

I did not see the TD celebration live as I was way too slumped down and depressed in my easy chair at the moment.  Just saw it now.  Typical childish TD celebration crud one sees so much of.  The ending of the game was certainly out-of-this-world in nature.  Even Brady was jumping up and down like a jackrabbit on the sideline after the interception.  Everybody in the whole world thought the Seahawks were just a moment from winning.  My wife and myself included and then the game went down the rabbit hole with the "PLAY".  Amazing.  I'm glad the Pats won but still befuddled by the playcall of a pass when Mr. Beastmode would have taken the pigskin in easily probably.    As for the commercials during the game I was quite unimpressed overall with what I saw..  Nothing to write home about. 

thinkin' the same thing myself, that the seahawks were just moments away from celebratin' then that play and the patriots can feel the joy. :lol:

Really poor play call by Pete.    I can see calling a pass if it is 4th and goal as the last play of the game but to try a pass on 2nd and goal was taking too much of a risk, especially when there is a running back like Lynch in your backfield.

Really poor play call by Pete.    I can see calling a pass if it is 4th and goal as the last play of the game but to try a pass on 2nd and goal was taking too much of a risk, especially when there is a running back like Lynch in your backfield.

I am currently reading an interesting book on Napoleon and just came across a quote from Napoleon in 1797 which perfectly sums up the ending of the game: " THERE IS BUT ONE STEP FROM TRIUMPH TO DOWNFALL.  I HAVE SEEN IN THE MOST SIGNIFICANT OF CIRCUMSTANCES, THAT SOME LITTLE THING ALWAYS DECIDES GREAT EVENTS".  Sums up the inexplicable pass play call, interception, and blink-of-an-eye change of Super Bowl fortune.

That play reminds me of "The Miracle of the Meadowlands", in which Joe Pisarcik bungled a handoff which was returned for a winning touchdown, when all he had to do was take a knee to win the game. This was on a MUCH bigger stage, however.

• Like 1