Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here in CA the DA often will charge the person even if the victim asks that the charges be dropped.   This happened to Jim Brown after he assaulted his wife.    My brother-in-law is the DA and his sister,  another attorney,  leads the domestic violence team in another country in CA and they both complain that often the victim doesn't wish to help.   Often this results in another future incident.   

Yeah, isn't "love" grand sometimes?!

• Like 1

Yeah, isn't "love" grand sometimes?!

Yea, it can really be messy.   e.g.  Many years ago my step father was beaten by my step brother.  Well the father goes to the hospital and hospitals have to report what happened to the police.   The police arrest my step brother.   Well my step father calls me all upset because his son was attested.    He ask me to call the DA to see if the chargers can be dropped.  The DA says he has to follow the normal course of such a case even with the father asking that the charges be dropped.   Step brother gets 3 years in prison AND my step father had to pay the lawyers fees!  Talk about ironic.

Also,  I separated my shoulder late at night and my wife takes me to the ER (I fell on a wet floor because the washer hose had broken).   Well the ER doctors questions us on how it occurred.  My wife started to get defensive (e.g. what you think I beat him!) and I had to tell her that the doc was just doing his job.   i.e. don't even make a joke that the wife is the reason you're injured.   It could get her attested (well unless one wants their wife arrested).

...i.e. don't even make a joke that the wife is the reason you're injured.   It could get her attested (well unless one wants their wife arrested).

Well, as always James, it always just boils down to how well one can tell a joke, now doesn't it?! ;)

(...which reminds me of the time I was talking to Jay Leno at that motorcycle gathering place up on Mulholland Hwy called The Rock Store and flubbed the punchline while telling him a joke...Jay's reply was, "See?! Comedy is harder than you thought, huh?!) 

Well, as always James, it always just boils down to how well one can tell a joke, now doesn't it?! ;)

(...which reminds me of the time I was talking to Jay Leno at that motorcycle gathering place up on Mulholland Hwy called The Rock Store and flubbed the punchline while telling him a joke...Jay's reply was, "See?! Comedy is harder than you thought, huh?!) 

Jay should only see you on these boards.

Sad sports news:  The first Chicago black MLB player has passed away: Minnie Minoso.  I remember him as a graceful hard playing major leaguer.

First White Sox black. Wasn't Banks or someone else from the Cubs earlier than Minoso?

First White Sox black. Wasn't Banks or someone else from the Cubs earlier than Minoso?

Looking up their online stats: Minoso played in 1951 for the White Sox and Banks played for the Cubs starting in the fall of 1953.  If anyone was earlier than them in Chicago MLB I have no idea who but I am most certainly not a baseball historian.  Two great players.

The first black player to play in the NBA died a few days ago as well. Apologies to said player whose name I don't know at the moment as I am choosing to play the DGF card by announcing that I'm too lazy to look it up. RIP.

The first black player to play in the NBA died a few days ago as well. Apologies to said player whose name I don't know at the moment as I am choosing to play the DGF card by announcing that I'm too lazy to look it up. RIP.

It was Earl Lloyd, and I didn't have to look it up.

You knew that? Wow, no wonder you don't look things up, you're a walking encyclopedia

No, but I know that Earl Lloyd was the first black to play in the NBA, Chuck Cooper was the first black to be drafted by the NBA, and Nat "Sweetwater:" Clifton was the first black to be signed to an NBA contract.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad day for the big 12 in the NCAA Basketball tournament. Texas, Baylor and Iowa State were all upset in today's action. Long way to go but I think we will see more upsets. Wide open this year.

Bad day for the big 12 in the NCAA Basketball tournament. Texas, Baylor and Iowa State were all upset in today's action. Long way to go but I think we will see more upsets. Wide open this year.

Even worse for the state of Texas. All 6 teams lost.

A heck of an NFL player that turned out to be one heck of a vicious creepy r-a-p-i-s-t in reality.  The sentence is not long enough.  Here's hoping the other prosecutions add on a lot more prison time.  Wow, what can hide behind a smiling handsome face.  A demon.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVi1abRBVOjMADHslnIlQ/RV=2/RE=1427168730/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fespn.go.com%2fnfl%2fstory%2f_%2fid%2f12544551%2fdarren-sharper-gets-9-years-arizona-plea-deal/RK=0/RS=1wdZcKFzB0.wWgikZckueCqWBns-

Wisconsin and Gonzaga, which are largely Caucasian-comprised teams, are still alive in the NCAAs, while most of the other teams are largely black. I am rooting for both Wisconsin and Gonzaga. I am constantly asking myself, "Can't White men play basketball"? Since the Gonzaga and Wisconsin players seem to be answering that question in the affirmative, that is why I am rooting for them. I don't think that makes me a racist.

Wisconsin and Gonzaga, which are largely Caucasian-comprised teams, are still alive in the NCAAs, while most of the other teams are largely black. I am rooting for both Wisconsin and Gonzaga. I am constantly asking myself, "Can't White men play basketball"? Since the Gonzaga and Wisconsin players seem to be answering that question in the affirmative, that is why I am rooting for them. I don't think that makes me a racist.

Only you can answer as to your "racism" or not.  I root for Gonzaga a lot because they are a small college that keeps on doing well even in this day and age of huge state universities and obvious semi-professional basketball powers like one-and-done Kentucky.  Gonzaga is the David smiting the behemoths.  Appeals to my underdog rooting regardless of player color. 

Only you can answer as to your "racism" or not.  I root for Gonzaga a lot because they are a small college that keeps on doing well even in this day and age of huge state universities and obvious semi-professional basketball powers like one-and-done Kentucky.  Gonzaga is the David smiting the behemoths.  Appeals to my underdog rooting regardless of player color. 

Knowing myself as I do, the answer is "no"............... I'm sure that many feel this way. But this is the elephant in the room that never gets mentioned