Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

201406071835669401553-p5.jpg

California Chrome's bid to win the coveted Triple Crown came to an end on the

Belmont's long stretch called The Big Sandy.

Some have been critical of jockey Espinoza'a ride given to Chrome. I tend to

agree with that assessment but he did have Chrome wide with a clear shot at

the finish line at the top of the stretch.

Chrome did not kick in with the jets at full blast like he did at the Derby or

Preakness. Was it fatigue due to the grueling campaign or something else?

Only the horse knows.

He becomes the 13th horse who won the Derby and Preakness but come up short

at the Belmont since Affirmed won it all in 1978.

201406071835669401553-p5.jpg

California Chrome's bid to win the coveted Triple Crown came to an end on the

Belmont's long stretch called The Big Sandy.

Some have been critical of jockey Espinoza'a ride given to Chrome. I tend to

agree with that assessment but he did have Chrome wide with a clear shot at

the finish line at the top of the stretch.

Chrome did not kick in with the jets at full blast like he did at the Derby or

Preakness. Was it fatigue due to the grueling campaign or something else?

Only the horse knows.

He becomes the 13th horse who won the Derby and Preakness but come up short

at the Belmont since Affirmed won it all in 1978.

There likely will never be another Triple Crown winner again. It's becoming more and more common for trainers to have their horses skip the Derby and the Preakness to focus on the Belmont. It's virtually impossible for a horse that has won the first two legs to beat much fresher horses if they are anywhere near as talented. 

Just read that the US Open will be played at Pinehurst No.2, love that course. The below linked article talks about renovations but thankfully it appears that they have retained those nightmarish (muhahaha!) greens where ridges are sadistically placed to cause golf balls just to simply roll off onto landing areas. Quite unfair really, but as a spectator I enjoy the show. :-D

http://tinyurl.com/o9n7dx6

===

Just read that the US Open will be played at Pinehurst No.2, love that course. The below linked article talks about renovations but thankfully it appears that they have retained those nightmarish (muhahaha!) greens where ridges are sadistically placed to cause golf balls just to simply roll off onto landing areas. Quite unfair really, but as a spectator I enjoy the show. :-D

http://tinyurl.com/o9n7dx6

===

Whenever thay mention a venue like Pinehurst, they never say where it is.  Neither did you. Where is it?

Boy, you're really gonna make me work for this one.

As Post King, I thought you needed to do a little work

:P

Anyway, no offence, finance...

though your previous post

did jar me a bit. I thought it

wierd you (or anyone) would ask

"Where is it?" when any such

curiosity could be satisfied

in a matter of (literally) seconds

with Google.

No biggie (I hope)

Peace

:)

As Post King, I thought you needed to do a little work

:P

Anyway, no offence, finance...

though your previous post

did jar me a bit. I thought it

wierd you (or anyone) would ask

"Where is it?" when any such

curiosity could be satisfied

in a matter of (literally) seconds

with Google.

No biggie (I hope)

Peace

:)

I'm so busy posting that I don't have time for googling. ....This is going to be the lowest rated U.S, Open in history. Martin (who?) Kaymer in a walkaway. No Tiger, and Phil nowhere in sight.

At the shopping center a very young man outside the Microsoft store was handing posters to passersby.  He looked at me, but didn't hand me one.  I doubled back, curious why he thought I wouldn't be interested, or that somehow he divined I was a Mac user.  

The posters showed all of the World Cup teams and were to be used to fill in brackets.  I asked why he didn't give me one and he said "You look too dressed up!"  I loved that.  And he was right.  So, now I'm watching some of the games and immersing myself in soccer (or football). England vs. Italy is on now, and I'm rooting for them both.

At the shopping center a very young man outside the Microsoft store was handing posters to passersby.  He looked at me, but didn't hand me one.  I doubled back, curious why he thought I wouldn't be interested, or that somehow he divined I was a Mac user.  

The posters showed all of the World Cup teams and were to be used to fill in brackets.  I asked why he didn't give me one and he said "You look too dressed up!"  I loved that.  And he was right.  So, now I'm watching some of the games and immersing myself in soccer (or football). England vs. Italy is on now, and I'm rooting for them both.

That's what you get for going to the Microsoft store dressed for the Senior Prom.

• Like 1

14452991213_ea7ec83a3d.jpg14412814721_5e93ff2c19_z.jpg

The San Antonio Spurs win easily over the Heat and Lebron. I listened

to ESPN'S Mike and Mike every morning and heard the talk from luminaries

like Charles Barkley saying this was Lebron's time and no way the Spurs

would beat the Heat. But if you look at the Heat lineup, there are chinks

in the armor. San Antonio did its thing with Tim Duncan playing team ball

and leading the way. The Spurs are not from a big media town but when you

look at what they have accomplished, they are one of the greatest NBA Teams

of all time.

Congrats.

• Like 1

14452991213_ea7ec83a3d.jpg14412814721_5e93ff2c19_z.jpg

The San Antonio Spurs win easily over the Heat and Lebron. I listened

to ESPN'S Mike and Mike every morning and heard the talk from luminaries

like Charles Barkley saying this was Lebron's time and no way the Spurs

would beat the Heat. But if you look at the Heat lineup, there are chinks

in the armor. San Antonio did its thing with Tim Duncan playing team ball

and leading the way. The Spurs are not from a big media town but when you

look at what they have accomplished, they are one of the greatest NBA Teams

of all time.

Congrats.

I also watch Mike and Mike, and this morning ample evidence was offered that this was the greatest team performance in NBA finals history.

I also watch Mike and Mike, and this morning ample evidence was offered that this was the greatest team performance in NBA finals history.

I think the Spurs had added incentive to perform as well as they did this year against The Heat...after BLOWING the championship title in last year's final.

Yep, I STILL say as great a coach as Popovich is, he REALLY blew it by not having his team foul the Heat in last year's game-6 with 12 seconds left and up by 3. Yep, I was YELLIN' at the freakin' TV set, "FOUL 'EM, FOUL 'EM" last year when I saw the Spurs allowing Ray Allen to get open for that 3-pointer to tie up the game and which the Spurs would end up losing and when they could and SHOULD have won.

Btw, I saw Heat's head coach Erik Spoelstra's post-game interview when he said the Spur's especially won because of their "great offense"

DUDE! After your team failed to score 100 points in any game of the finals, the REASON the Spurs blew your team out was because of their great DEFENSE against your team. And thus, THIS is the reason why you'll never be as great a coach as Popovich is. Because, evidently you can't even figure THAT out!!! LOL

(...congrats to The Spurs...a class organization, top to bottom)

• Like 1

I think the Spurs had added incentive to perform as well as they did this year against The Heat...after BLOWING the championship title in last year's final.

Yep, I STILL say as great a coach as Popovich is, he REALLY blew it by not having his team foul the Heat in last year's game-6 with 12 seconds left and up by 3. Yep, I was YELLIN' at the freakin' TV set, "FOUL 'EM, FOUL 'EM" last year when I saw the Spurs allowing Ray Allen to get open for that 3-pointer to tie up the game and which the Spurs would end up losing and when they could and SHOULD have won.

Btw, I saw Heat's head coach Erik Spoelstra's post-game interview when he said the Spur's especially won because of their "great offense"

DUDE! After your team failed to score 100 points in any game of the finals, the REASON the Spurs blew your team out was because of their great DEFENSE against your team. And thus, THIS is the reason why you'll never be as great a coach as Popovich is. Because, evidently you can't even figure THAT out!!! LOL

Well I would say the reason the Heat lost and lost bad was because of the Spur's great offense and the Heat's lacking defense.

Even if the Heat was able to score more points it wouldn't of made a difference unless they could have held the Spurs to less points per game than they did.    

Yes,  those Spurs are a first class organization.    My Lakers could learn a thing or two from them!

Right. Offense gets more publcity, but the Spurs' team defense was even better than their offense.......Incidentally, a year ago, former Pa. governor Ed Rendell's bi-weekly sports column, which was on the web, gave his all-time all-NBA team. He mentioned that this guy Hal, that he knows, said that Tim Duncan was the all-time power forward. 'Hal" was me. A lot of people referred to me as an idiot. Am I still an idiot?

Right. Offense gets more publcity, but the Spurs' team defense was even better than their offense.......Incidentally, a year ago, former Pa. governor Ed Rendell's bi-weekly sports column, which was on the web, gave his all-time all-NBA team. He mentioned that this guy Hal, that he knows, said that Tim Duncan was the all-time power forward. 'Hal" was me. A lot of people referred to me as an idiot. Am I still an idiot?

I think your assessment becomes more and more accurate as the years roll by, finance.

Yep, "The Big Fundamental" might be the best and most consistently good player ever at that position. I agree. His game could maybe be compared in this regard to the man they named the Final's MVP Trophy after. Neither the "flashiest" or "most dominant for a short span of time" ever to play the game, but when you want to win, it's sure is nice to have 'em as your team's leader. 

That's what you get for going to the Microsoft store dressed for the Senior Prom.

I see your point, finance.  In my defense, I wasn't actually going in the store, as such places make me bilious.  Rather, my prom dress and I were scurrying past, en route to Bloomingdale's, more familiar and comforting territory!