Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for 60's (?) mystery movie I saw on TCM last year

cdb101

Suspense- Mystery in the 60's.  well to do mod and groovy husband and wife- upscale mid century house had open metal elevator!  Husband frames wife for murder of mentally challenged hunky grocery delivery boy/man.  Husband somehow convinces wife she is crazy so she thinks she did it, gets committed, and he can be free of her and make off with assets.  Older female 'friend' that is always about figures out plot, plays along then double crosses husband.  I woke up and watched this in the middle of the night sometime last year- maybe July. Thanks, everyone!  Great to see all the views and how quickly someone knows the answer.

I am fairly certain the movie you are speaking of is from 1967 and is called GAMES. Katherine Ross and James Caan star as the married couple and Simone Signoret plays the part of the older woman, a travelling sales person and phony psychic. 

• Like 1

Older female 'friend' that is always about figures out plot, plays along then double crosses husband. 

It does sound like GAMES as Blown Away has stated. The female friend was actually in on the plot with the husband from the beginning but she double crosses him. She was played by Simone Signoret. The movie aired on TCM after DIABOLIQUE.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings