Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Heaven is for Real"

SueSueApplegate

NIce job, Christy.

I saw the film Friday afternoon and enjoyed it.  Connor Corum is adorable, and the scenes in the car (and in heaven) regarding "We will rock you" are priceless. I had the same reaction as you about the beauty of Nebraska, but since I always stick around through the end credits, I did notice the filming was done in Manitoba.

****SPOILER ALERT****

Withoug giving away too much, I had one criticism of the film.  At the end, when Todd and Colton see the portrait the Lithuanian girl has painted, Colton says "that's him." I think that scene would have been more effective if they had not shown the portrait (especially since it reminded me of a certain pop/rock singer).  What's your take?

Rich

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:) Thank you, Sue.  I'll be certain to see it once I can cross the street and down to the theater after the water from today's flash flood dies down.  My place and I are fine as we're a half-block off the roadway and have a now very large retention pond in between.  Thanks for the review. 

• Like 1

Thank you, wouldbestar and Rich.

That's an excellent point, but also considering that the filmakers tried to align so closely with the book, and our current fascination with social media, I think the audience needed to see something that is also part of the truth of the film.

Leaving it to the audience's imagination would also have been fine with me. They simply could have filmed it from the other side of the canvas and never have shown it to the audience. But seeing Colton's reaction and hearing his comment is crucial to the scene for me. :-)

I assume you are all talking about a newer movie titled HEAVEN IS FOR REAL and you've seen it.

Can anyone please elaborate or explain "heaven is for real WHAT?" Real people? Real investors? Real what?

Sorry, I must be out of the loop, have not heard of it yet.

I assume you are all talking about a newer movie titled HEAVEN IS FOR REAL and you've seen it.

Can anyone please elaborate or explain "heaven is for real WHAT?" Real people? Real investors? Real what?

Sorry, I must be out of the loop, have not heard of it yet.

Actually, it probably should have been entitled Heaven is Real. Of course, had it been entitled Heaven is, like, real, maybe a younger audience would appreciate it.

• Like 1