Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted URL website links not working with Google Chrome

Just clicked on several posted links with Chrome and not a thing happened.

I switched over to Internet Explorer 11 and they work fine.

The links are good. When you quote the post, the full address is visible and you can copy/paste it into the address bar.. works that way for either browser.

Just discovered.. I just tried several posted URL links to TCMDb and YouTube .. they work fine with Chrome.. any other link does not work. Confusing..

• 2 months later...

Sending this up the chain as we have seen this too.

I am on Chrome and always get that message when I log in from the bookmark on my toolbar. I just click on the Forums tab in the left corner of the message and it takes me to the main forums page where I am logged in and can respond to posts or start a new discussion.

If I click on the thumbnails of favorites on my Google page to access the message boards, I don't get that error message. I am automatically logged in with no problems.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is a test of embedding, which didn't work when I posted in General Discussions:                                                

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6uh4nvIoIw

I used the link button. Am I doing something wrong?

In the REPLY TO THIS TOPIC box, first click on the blue-green button that is 3rd from the  left in the top row of code symbols.

You should then see the message that says Special BBCode.

Then click on Please select.

Then click on Media

Then copy and paste your YouTube URL code in the URL box. You should be able to find this code up at the top left of your computer page when you are watching the YouTube video.

Then click on OK

Then click on Post

That should post your message with the YouTube video embedded and visible as a large image with a large red arrow in the middle of it.

Click on that arrow to view video, just as you see here......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6uh4nvIoIw

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings