Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bold and other options

Is anyone else having problems with using Bold, underline, color,emoticons, etc? I can't click on to any of these options. I use to be able to at least put * in front and * behind the word I wanted highlighted in BOLD, but can't even do that anymore. Any advice on how to get the options to work or alternatives? Thanks

Guest TCMModerator1

Testing this

This is *bold* and this is bold.

Hi lavenderblue19, what browser are you trying this in?   Also what sort of device are you using (PC, laptop, iPad, phone, etc.)

I am using Chrome for this test and it is working alright.  I also tried it in IE and that worked as well.

Hi, thanks for responding so quickly. I have a desktop PC and use IE. When I use to use * * to make a word appear in BOLD type, the * and * did make a word in BOLD but the stars did not show up after the word appeared in Bold in a post.

At any rate, for some reason none of the options will work for me. They did at first but not for the last few days. When I click onto any of the options just get an arrow, it tells me what the option is ( smiley, bold, underline, etc) but that's all I get, unfortunately not the benefit of the option.

Guest TCMModerator1

Hi Lavenderblue19,

I had the tech team look into this and everything is functioning normally.

I have attached 2 screenshots, before and after shots, of using the bold function.

To start the area around the B (for Bold) is grey.  http://fan.tcm.com/_Bold-1/photo/20857333/66470.html

But when you click on the B the area around it is now white and everything you type turns to bold.  http://fan.tcm.com/_Bold-2/photo/20857335/66470.html

When you click it again it goes back to normal.   You can also highlight something and then click the B and that will change it.

If you aren't seeing this, you may want to try a different browser or try a different machine and see if you are getting the same result.

Is anyone else having problems with using Bold, underline, color,emoticons, etc? I can't click on to any of these options. I use to be able to at least put * in front and * behind the word I wanted highlighted in BOLD, but can't even do that anymore. Any advice on how to get the options to work or alternatives? Thanks

Part of the problem might be IE. As of April 8, Microsoft is making changes and is trying to discourage the use of XP and IE 8.

I had to switch to Firefox.

I eventually had to go back a few pages and remove the * stars from IE 8  posts because they no longer worked on this board.

Now I just click on the letter B in the post message page, and my text goes bold. I can un-bold it too.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings