Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

STILL HAVEN'T GOT MY HISTORY BACK

drednm

I hear you, drednm.

If you don't mind, I'd like to kind of hitch-hike on this thread to ask another question...How long do I have to continue to be a "newbie"? When can I change that title? Does it go by time/duration, or number of posts?

I'm sick of being a newbie. I want to be an oldbie. Or even an old bee. No, a queen bee. 

Sorry, drednm, it's a legitimate question. As is mine. How can we effect change concerning these problems?

...come to think of it, I wouldn't mind getting all my old posts back. Of course, unlike you, they were under a different user name.

All my old posts and history still GONE WITH THE WIND......

Why do others still have theirs?

Per instructions on the Forum Home Page, we PM'd TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1 reset everything so we could re-register under our incorrect names AND THEN go to our profiles to change those names back to our original, pre-upgrade names - which are connected to our histories.

TCMModerator1 makes the connection with your incorrect name and your correct name's history so all you have to do is change your name to your old name AFTER you sign in under your incorrect name.

Heck.. just describing this is like Abbott & Costello's "Who's on first?" routine.

I hope this hasn't confused you much.

It goes by time, I think. However there is a way to change it. If you go to your profile and press the button "edit my profile" a whole page should come up. Simply scroll down on the page to where it says "member title" and you can change your status so "newbie" does not appear beside your posts.

I've read elsewhere that one gains the ability to change one's title once one has 500 posts under one's belt (so to speak).

Of course, misswonderHead has many more than what's necessary to do so - if she contacts moderator-uno about getting her history married back to her current beauticious identity.

Wowser!

Please excuse the obvious (no duhhhs, please).. this sounds like you were not re-connected with your history, which should still be there waiting on you. I would PM TCMModerator1 describing your predicament - see if they will run you through again.

Not good. I see what you mean. Something doesn't look right, though. Your name history doesn't show the substitute name you had to use to sign-in with earlier. Everything is gone.. as you pointed out. You've been wooshed away to the cornfield and made it back with amnesia.

Twilight Zone

:(

I hear you, drednm.

If you don't mind, I'd like to kind of hitch-hike on this thread to ask another question...How long do I have to continue to be a "newbie"? When can I change that title? Does it go by time/duration, or number of posts?

I'm sick of being a newbie. I want to be an oldbie. Or even an old bee. No, a queen bee. 

Sorry, drednm, it's a legitimate question. As is mine. How can we effect change concerning these problems?

...come to think of it, I wouldn't mind getting all my old posts back. Of course, unlike you, they were under a different user name.

Edith,

You can change that description quite easy by following Kid_Dabb's instructions in the Stickie forum,  It's very easy to do.

As for your old posts, we tried to make it clear that if you changed your posting moniker name you would lose your posting history and as I recall, you said you weren't wedded to your posting history, it was a just a number and you felt like trying something new.

Sorry to hear that it sounds like the bloom is off that rose.   :(

:(

Edith,

You can change that description quite easy by following Kid_Dabb's instructions in the Stickie forum,  It's very easy to do.

As for your old posts, we tried to make it clear that if you changed your posting moniker name you would lose your posting history and as I recall, you said you weren't wedded to your posting history, it was a just a number and you felt like trying something new.

Sorry to hear that it sounds like the bloom is off that rose.   :(

Thanks for the advice on how to alter that "Newbie" designation. I did try it once, about a week ago, and the "change" form would have none of it. I tried to type in a new title in the field where it said "Newbie", but it wouldn't let me. Maybe I did something wrong, I have no ability with computers or anything digital (guess that second phrase is redundant.) Anyway, I'll try again, using the instructions on the "Stickie" forum.

Just to clarify: I said I had no problem losing the number of posts I had as missw. However, I guess I didn't really take it in that every single thing I actually wrote under that name would totally disappear. And some of them weren't bad !  :unsure:

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings