Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Parody of A STOLEN LIFE

HoldenIsHere

So funny...love Carol Burnett!  Grew up watching the show every Sat. night & I remember that one with her foghorn voice, "Paaatsy", but I never knew the movie until a few months ago when I caught it on TCM & really liked it.  Wonder why they never play the old Carol Burnett show on t.v.  - haven't seen it in ages.  I highly recommend reading her memoir, "One more time" - she loved going to the movies growing up poor in Hollywood. 

Wonder why they never play the old Carol Burnett show on t.v.  - haven't seen it in ages.  I highly recommend reading her memoir, "One more time" - she loved going to the movies growing up poor in Hollywood. 

THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW used air on either TVLand or Nick at Nite in the early 2000s. I really got into that show then. I think it might have aired on METV at one point but I don't think it does now. Complete seasons of THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW have never been released on DVD, but only select "favorite" episodes. I think one of the reasons may be the difficulty in acquiring music rights. The syndicated airings featured primarily the sketches with most of the musical numbers removed.

ONE MORE TIME is a great book.  Carol Burnett and her daughter adapted a section of the memoir (using fictional character names) for their play HOLLYWOOD ARMS. It opened in Chicago and later moved to Broadway. Linda Lavin played the character based on Carol Burnett's grandmother. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings