Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question about limited attachments

Hello,

I was just checking out my attachments, trying to figure out how and what to do to manage them, when I noticed I only had .53MB of space remaining - for a total of only 3MB allotted to attachments - period! A few more attachments and I'll have hit the max and, presumably, not be able to add more to any post(s) - ever. That seems a very limiting size: 3MB

So.. from the Manage My Attachments page, I deleted one of them to see what happened. It went.. from the page AND from the original post it was contained in.

Are we to continually delete our attachments in the future to make room for newer ones? This will effectively render many of our posts useless - unless we replace them with image URLs, but then what's the point of attachments if this is so?

If 3MB of space is all we will be allotted for attachments, full image URLs will have to be the default method.

Anything you can add to clarify this will be appreciated

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

To add attachments: (See below) While in this posting screen, click on Choose File in the bottom left corner. This will open a folder in your computer - which folder is different with each person's computer. You then navigate to the folder and file you wish to add (attach) to your post and left-click it. Then left-click the Attach This File button in the bottom left corner of this posting screen to add it - simply, it's like paper-clipping two pieces of paper together.. only slightly more involved with your computer files and stuff.

The file within your folder you wish to add may be a photo or other image you have saved, or a text file that is all words - like a letter or message. 

25s77lv.jpg

Every time I do an illustration such as this, I always think about Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant. The 8x10 glossy photos with the circles and arrows..

See previous post concerning attachments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding Media: Here's a really cool guy by the name of Fred explaining this very well:

CLICK HERE - http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/48488-test-photo-sizes-here/page-3&do=findComment&comment=978663

Like this? attachicon.gifComeAndGetIt.jpg

:lol:

That is sooo cool! How'd you do that!

One thing.. there is a limit on the number of attachments we can post here - 3MB, so I guess if we want to make frequent use of this feature we must delete older attachments to make room for newer ones - like our mailboxes when they get full.

You can monitor this by clicking your name at the top of the page, clicking My Settings, then clicking Manage Attachments. This will show how much of your 3MB you have used and what's left. 

Thank you. I hope that something similar to this will work out the same for our inboxs at the CFU. Our media, based on the services provided at the CFU, does need an expansion however. I don't like having to reupload let alone dig for photos when I could easily pull them out at any time if the "Insert Media" button was expanded on.