Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sam Fuller films 4-29

mr6666

He'll never be accused of being overly subtle, but I love his stuff! :D

I like his stuff, too.  He will never be accused of being a feminist, either.  I don't think he really understands women, and the roles that Constance Towers plays in those two films from the mid-sixties are lurid and well, shameful.  Still, it is engrossing filmmaking and I dare you to try turning away from a cinematic trainwreck.

"The Naked Kiss" is one of the nuttiest movies ever made. It's like what would happen if John Waters had to work with the Production Code. Imagine Divine in the Constance Towers role and see what happens. The travelling champagne saleslady concept gives me the giggles every time and the whole prostitute-to-candystriper story arc strains credibility to the breaking point. The opening scene where her bald head is revealed as her wig slips off when she beats the guy in the face with her purse, and then she repairs her makeup in the mirror under the credits, is one of the most stupendously over-the-top title sequences ever. The movie is practically in a class by itself and how many films can say that?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings