Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

Kid Dabb

This film noir featured three stars in atypical roles, the female star singularly ill-suited for a "damsel in distress" role. The male star played against type, as did a supporting actor soon to be famous for his roles in film noirs.  Name this movie and the three stars mentioned.

SCARLET STREET? EGR, Joan Bennett and Dan Duryea?

This film noir featured two stars in atypical roles, the female star singularly ill-suited for a "damsel in distress" role. The male star played against type, while a well-known supporting actor played to type.

Please identify all three performers as well as the title of the movie.

BTW-- Film Lover, thanks for this question. I think it's got even more meat on it.

• Like 1

This film noir featured two stars in atypical roles, the female star singularly ill-suited for a "damsel in distress" role. The male star played against type, while a well-known supporting actor played to type.

Please identify all three performers as well as the title of the movie.

BTW-- Film Lover, thanks for this question. I think it's got even more meat on it.

I'm getting killed on this thread, but I keep coming back for more-----I WAKE UP SCREAMING? Mature , Grable, and Cregar?

"Dial M For Murder' (1953)--Grace Kelly as the adulterous wife, Ray Milland as the bad guy, and John Williams as the British sounding Investigator?

2 things-- I'm not so sure Grace Kelly was playing against type.

The Katharine Hepburn or Bette Davis stereotype of an actress is what I'm thinking of when I'm talking about playing against type as a Damsel in Distress.

Now for the well-known character actor playing his type-- no doubt John Williams he is a good Brit character actor, but I wouldn't say he's well-known.

But since you've been so generous with this question, you can have the thread. But I would like for you, just for the kick of it, to try and take one more guess-- otherwise I'll save it for another day.

Film Lover, you have the floor--

• Like 1

Princess of Tap--Thanks for the thread. :)

Last guess--"The Two Mrs. Carrolls" (1947)--Barbara Stanwyck as the "damsel in distress". Humphrey Bogart as the artistic husband, and Nigel Bruce as the best friend doctor?

Next question--These three horror films all had a subtheme of saving the environment.  Two were released the same year, one two years later.  One was a botched opportunity, one wasn't bad, and one Just missed being really good.  Name them, their year(s) of release and two of each films' stars.

Last guess--"The Two Mrs. Carrolls" (1947)--Barbara Stanwyck as the "damsel in distress". Humphrey Bogart as the artistic husband, and Nigel Bruce as the best friend doctor?

Last guess is the right answer! Now that wasn't so hard was it?

Next question--These three horror films all had a subtheme of saving the environment. Two were released the same year, one two years later. One was a botched opportunity, one wasn't bad, and one Just missed being really good. Name them, their year(s) of release and two of each films' stars.

• Like 1

Next question--These three horror films all had a subtheme of saving the environment.  Two were released the same year, one two years later.  One was a botched opportunity, one wasn't bad, and one Just missed being really good.  Name them, their year(s) of release and two of each films' stars.

How about "Prophecy" (1979) with Robert Foxworth and Talia Shire as one of these three?  I enjoyed the book but the movie was poor.