Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

This actor played multiple roles in at least two films, and made a memorable appearance as a laundress in another film.  Name him, the three films, and as many of the roles as you can (there are more than ten).

You must be looking for either Peter Sellers or Aled Guinness.

• 3 years later...
On 10/11/2016 at 5:29 PM, film lover 293 said:

This actor played multiple roles in at least two films, and made a memorable appearance as a laundress in another film.  Name him, the three films, and as many of the roles as you can (there are more than ten).

Sorry, film lover 293, that question is too difficult for this thread.

This thread is supposed to be EASY !!!

Like this :

Who played the big man in a 1940s movie about three strangers and a statue?

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Sydney Greenstreet in The Maltese Falcon

Next:  first person to win best supporting actor in 1937 for Come and Get It (1936).  He went on to win two more Oscars in the same category.

Wow! that's not the movie I was thinking of but it fits. Greenstreet is right in both cases but I was thinking of Three Strangers that also had a statue in it. Note I had the title in the question. But you are right!

The answer to your question is Walter Brennan (I didn't even have to look it up, wow!)

Next : What very famous (icon, even) actress (now deceased) played a teenager in a wonderful family comedy  with WP in it?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, laffite said:

Next : What very famous (icon, even) actress (now deceased) played a teenager in a wonderful family comedy  with WP in it?

Hmmm, I'm stumped.  Could you add another clue or two?

Thanks, Laffite.    This actress began her career as a singer on local television.  when she turned  to acting, she had very little opportunity to display her singing talent.  But she did make a number of movies,  including two Westerns with John Wayne and even got to sing a little in an Elvis Presley movie. Can you name her?

2 hours ago, Terrence1 said:

Close, Laffite, but she's not  the one.   I say you are close, because the first name is correct.

I don't like researching, can you give me her last name initial ... thanks.

1 hour ago, Terrence1 said:

Laffite, I'm like you in that I don't like doing research.  It sort of takes the fun out of the game for me.  As you requested,  the initials for the actress in question are JO.

Joan O'Brien.

ok, i cheated, only because this thread is so moribund. Otherwise, I would let someone else have it.

I'm saying OPEN THREAD for now, maybe someone will accidentally click on this thread and serve up a question. Fat chance.

Thanks, Terrence1

/