Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

46 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Easy questions that you don't have to look up or even scratch your head.

Three actresses who co-starred with Clark Gable at least three times--

And don't forget to name three Gable movies for each actress.

Big hint-- They all had MGM contracts.

Lana Turner, Joan Crawford, Norma Shearer?

1 minute ago, Peebs said:

Lana Turner, Joan Crawford, Norma Shearer?

Peebs, you forgot to remember to list the three movies for each actress. If the three actresses each co starred with Gable, then why not ask for 9 movies, you know, to make it easier. I think the questionner should have asked the names of all the characters of all the actresses. EASY.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, laffite said:

Peebs, you forgot to remember to list the three movies for each actress. If the three actresses each co starred with Gable, then why not ask for 9 movies, you know, to make it easier. I think the questionner should have asked the names of all the characters of all the actresses. EASY.

Yep, good point.  I forgot about the movies.   You deflated my balloon, Laffite! 🙂

Crawford-- Dancing Lady, Strange Cargo, Love on the Run

Turner-- Honk!y Tonk, Homecoming, and Betrayed

Shearer--A Free Soul, Idiots Delight, and Strange Interlude

• Like 1

Long live the King!

Peebs-- Excellent work! Your Serve....

3 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Yep, I forgot about the movies.   You deflated my balloon, Laffite! 🙂🙂

Crawford-- Dancing Lady, Strange Cargo, Love on the Run

Turner-- H/onk!y Tonk, Homecoming, and Betrayed

Shearer--A Free Soul, Idiots Delight, and Strange Interlude

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Yep, I forgot about the movies.   You deflated my balloon, Laffite!

You were not my target. Thanks for taking part of the brunt. I'm a stupid around here and I am trying folks around here to submit easy questions. So there was a bit of sarcasm up there. Princess is one of the elite (like you are) who knows so much, it's probably actually difficult to come up with an easy question. Carry on. I shall ... overcome. Maybe.:)

Okay, here's a pretty easy one, I think:  What movie was Montgomery Clift in the middle of filming when he had his horrible car accident.  He went back to work on the film after recovering not looking quite the same.

4 minutes ago, laffite said:

You were not my target. Thanks for taking part of the brunt. I'm a stupid around here and I am trying folks around here to submit easy questions. So there was a bit of sarcasm up there. Princess is one of the elite (like you are) who knows so much, it's probably actually difficult to come up with an easy question. Carry on. I shall ... overcome. Maybe.:)

Mon cher--

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't feel very elite.

I'm just one of the guys up here.

But we are happy that you're going to stick with us and have a good time.:P

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, laffite said:

No problem! You were right, I didn't answer all parts of the question.  I was so happy to come up with the three names I just posted.  It is hard to come up with good questions that haven't been asked before or that aren't too hard or easy.  Also, I'm nowhere near Princess ' status.  She's in a class by herself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, laffite said:

A guess.

A Place in the Sun

???

Great guess but it was another movie he made with Elizabeth Taylor in 1957.  Also, starring Eva Marie Saint. 

The title refers to the name of the county in Indiana where it takes place.

Raintree County, then

okay, I won't wait for confirmation.

Name an Orson Welles Shakespearean role where the name of the character is not indicated in the title. And what was the character's name?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, laffite said:

Bump up

If clue is needed, there is a Duke in the movie, and "climbing a ladder" if figurative. Even "sweet-faced" is a kind of clue.

Just a wild guess, Angel and the Badman?