Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

13 hours ago, Terrence1 said:

OK.  Let's try this:

Poor Jean Simmons!  She had to die in several of her movies.  How did she die in:

The Egyptian

Elmer Gantry

The Robe

It's been awhile since I've seen a couple of these but I think this correct:  

1. Shot by an arrow

2.  Dies in a fire

3.  Is executed by Caligula 

Thanks, Terrence.  Good question.  I forgot about the lions!  I knew Caligula had some gruesome death planned.  

Next:  

Name the actress who was originally cast to play the lead in Vertigo but dropped out when she became pregnant.  

15 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Long live the King!

Clark Gable had five wives.

But he only co-starred in a movie with one of his wives.

Can you name the movie and the wife who was his co-star?

( BTW-- He wasn't married to this one at the time the movie was made.)

It's got to be with Carole Lombard and No Man of Her Own (1932)?

• Like 1

OK, let's stick with Gable:  

Name the teen singer who crooned "You Made Me Love You (I Didn't Want to Do it)" at an MGM birthday party for Clark Gable with special lyrics  just for the occasion.  MGM was so impressed that they added her and the song to the film  The Broadway Melody of 1938.

This actress was in movies the 30s and 40s but is primarily known for TV in the 50s. Later, she was on prime time one-time only TV drama portraying a bag lady. She is very well-known. Who is she?

Long live the King!

This beautiful movie star actress played a ballet dancer co-starring with Clark Gable.

Though she was a big star and was nominated for an Oscar, her private life was just as exciting.

She was romanced by a man who would become president and married a man who would become the Camelot dress designer.

7 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Long live the King!

This beautiful movie star actress played a ballet dancer co-starring with Clark Gable.

Though she was a big star and was nominated for an Oscar, her private life was just as exciting.

She was romanced by a man who would become president and married a man who would become the Camelot dress designer.

Is it Never Let Me Go (1953) with Gene Tierney who was married to Oleg Cassini and romanced by JFK?

• Like 2