Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

That is correct. The moment she won that Emmy (Outstanding Lead Actress for a Single Appearance in a Drama or Comedy Series)  for an episode of The Waltons was one of the most moving moments on any award show. Your thread Peebs.

5-10-22.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Peebs said:

Thanks, Swithin.  

Name the actor  Mae West famously propositioned, "Why don't you come up sometime and see me" in the movie She Done Him Wrong (1933).  He went on to be a big star.

Just now, Princess of Tap said:

I'd say he went on to be the biggest movie star,  but Clark might get jealous--

The answer is Cary Grant.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I'd say he went on to be the biggest movie star,  but Clark might get jealous--

The answer is Cary Grant.

Yes, you're correct (of course!).  Would you like to do the next question?

5 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

Barbara Hutton.

This well-known actor or actress has a brief cameo in a James Coburn movie.  I believe it was his first screen appearance.  Name the individual and the movie.

Harrison Ford in Dead Heat On a Merry-Go-Round

• Like 2

Name the well-known author married to actress Patricia Neal.  He was best known for rather creepy children's books, many of which were turned into movies.   This author also wrote the screenplay for You Only Live Twice (1967).  

This English actor made scores of movies but is probably best known to Americans for his performance as one of the most eccentric and campy characters ever to grace a horror film. He had met the film's director years before, in England. The director later cast him in three of his Hollywood films. (The director insisted on this particular actor for the role; the studio wanted to cast Claude Rains.)

The actor was from an aristocratic family, his grandfather having been raised to the peerage. His uncle was commander of one of Britain's most famous African defeats, in an early war against the Zulus, but redeemed himself by winning a later, definitive victory over the Zulus. The actor's cousin was one of the last renowned English explorer/authors. Another cousin was the Viceroy of India.