Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

9 hours ago, starliteyes said:

That is correct, laffite.  Ava was Mickey's first wife, although at the time they were married she wasn't really famous for anything other than being married to him.  The fame would come several years later.

Interesting added info : Am I being negative to entertain a thought that our Ava married for advancement ??? Andy, though young, must have had a lot of pull.

next  What pasttime/hobby was Leslie Crosbie intermittently involved with?

Laffite, forgive me for going off-track for a minute, but I don't think Ava was interested in advancing her career by marrying Mickey.  She was very  young at the time, and really was more interested in becoming a wife and mother.   It didn't take long for her to realize that the marriage was a huge mistake.

Now, back to the game with Laffite's suggestion.

• Like 1

As you may know, Ann Sothern had a daughter who was an actress.  In one of Ann's movies, there is a flashback to when Ann's character was much younger.  In the flashback, that character was then played by her real life daughter.  Can you name the movie, as well as the daughter?

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

As you may know, Ann Sothern had a daughter who was an actress.  In one of Ann's movies, there is a flashback to when Ann's character was much younger.  In the flashback, that character was then played by her real life daughter.  Can you name the movie, as well as the daughter?

" The Whales of August "  co-starred  Ann Sothern with Tisha Sterling, her daughter, playing her in the flashback.

Tisha's father is actor Robert Sterling.

• Like 1

That's correct, Princess.  It was Ann Sothern's last movie and in it her character's name was Tisha.   The 1987 movie also starred Bette Davis, Lillian Gish, and Vincent Price.  The four stars had about a  combined two hundred fifty years in movies.

Bette Davis, Lillian Gish, Vincent Price, and Ann Sothern in The Whales of August (1987)

Nice work, Princess.  Now it's your turn.

• Like 1

Let's stick with Robert Sterling.

Robert Sterling's second wife was another beautiful actress- singer. 

The two of them co-starred in a successful 50's sitcom,  which was based on a well-known 30s screwball comedy. The show was popular with baby boomers.

Please identify the name of the TV show and the other three stars who co-starred with Robert Sterling.

And it shouldn't be too hard to identify the 30s screwball that the TV sitcom was based on because they have the same name.:)

3 hours ago, laffite said:

Well, I know it's Topper.  Leo G. Carroll, Spring Byington, Jan Sterling. This was a fave when I was ....

The TV show starred Leo G Carroll, Lee Patrick, Anne Jeffries, who was Robert Sterling's second wife and, of course, the very handsome Robert Sterling.

Laffite--C'est 'a vous.....

On 10/12/2020 at 5:00 PM, laffite said:

Well, I know it's Topper.  Leo G. Carroll, Spring Byington, Jan Sterling. This was a fave when I was ....

55 minutes ago, Terrence1 said:

Laffite, do you have something for us  ?

• Like 1

Yes. Spoken by Mr Sheldrake (Fred MacMurray) to Fran at the New Year's Eve party at the end of the film.. But she is no longer there. She makes that running dash to the apartment where she finds Baxter playing solitaire.

Your turn, Miles

• Like 1

A well known character actress played the wife of Lionel Barrymore's character in a movie.  A year or so later they were both in a totally unrelated movie and this time she played his daughter.   Who is the actress and what were the two movies?  Both movies have been shown on TCM.