Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

1 hour ago, Terrence1 said:

That's a very good guess, Peebs.  Debra Paget did become born-again after her movie career slowed down.  And she was musical. But not the answer I'm looking for.  The actress in question was married to a sports figure. 

I watched TBN in the 1990s.

And I saw Debra Paget once, but I saw Rhonda Fleming a lot, in fact one of their movies premiered in her husband's movie theater.

So I'm going to guess Rhonda Fleming?

3 minutes ago, Terrence1 said:

An;other good guess, Princess.   Actually, that's very close to the answer.  I'll give the reason when it's solved.  One of this actress' most famous movies was a musical with another sex symbol.

Is it Jane Russell?

And we have a winner!   Yes, the talented Miss Russell is the one.  For a while, she was a member of a female quartet that recorded gospel music.  They were sometimes known as The Four Girls.  When one had to drop out of the group, Rhonda Fleming replaced her, and the group continued to make recordings.  So you can see why Ms. Fleming was very close to the answer.

Well, Peebs, it's your turn now.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

Happy New Year Peebs and everyone else!

Google Says:  3 Godfathers

If I'm correct, I think I have a trivia question.

Happy New Year, Chaya!  You and Google are correct.  Would you like to do the next question?

Yes, and I won't make it difficult.

This actor did a guest shot on a popular show of the 1970's. And, speaking of guests, he wasn't an invited one at one of the characters "infamous" parties.  While he never made a splash in movies, he went on to become a very popular TV star on another series that took place in an earlier time.  He is still working today.  Can you name the actor and the TV series he was a guest actor on?

Thanks.  We all know that the Cartwrights lived on a ranch called "The Ponderosa" on "Bonanza".  On what TV show did the main characters live on the "Broken Wheel Ranch"?  Hint:  The show was on a few years before "Bonanza".

On 1/2/2021 at 2:05 PM, MilesArcher said:

Thanks.  We all know that the Cartwrights lived on a ranch called "The Ponderosa" on "Bonanza".  On what TV show did the main characters live on the "Broken Wheel Ranch"?  Hint:  The show was on a few years before "Bonanza".

Fury?

• Like 1

Yes, "Fury" was on Saturday mornings from 1955 to 1960.  It starred Peter Graves as rancher Jim Newton and Bobby Diamond as Joey,  the orphan that he adopted.   William Fawcett played Pete the ranch hand. 

Bobby Diamond, Boy With a Horse on the 1950s TV Series 'Fury,' Dies at 75 |  Hollywood Reporter 

That was an era when westerns ruled the airwaves.  

Good job, Peebs.  You get to post the next one.  

• Like 1

Ok, thanks Miles!

Next:  This is from a recent TCM intro.  This classic movie actor (who started out as a child actor) received executive producer credits for a 1987 movie.  He had been hired by MGM to search their archives for old movie scripts that could be made into modern movies.  He found a script that was never used.  That script was then made into a 1987 comedy about an heiress who falls off her yacht and gets amnesia.  Can you name the actor (who also has a small part in the film)  or the movie?

6 hours ago, starliteyes said:

Sounds like Roddy McDowall.

Yep, that's it.  Thanks for responding, starlit!  Ben Mank.  said that Roddy McDowell had been hired to look through the MGM archives for scripts that could be made into modern movies.  1987's Overboard was one of those scripts and that's why he received executive producer credit.   

Starlit, would you like to do the next question?

• Thanks 1

One of Hollywood's most successful producers had a reputation for romantic  dramas  with beautiful sets and glamourous actors.  One of his rare flops was trying to turn a well-known drama into a musical.  It didn't work.  Name the producer and the unsuccessful movie.

19 hours ago, Terrence1 said:

One of Hollywood's most successful producers had a reputation for romantic  dramas  with beautiful sets and glamourous actors.  One of his rare flops was trying to turn a well-known drama into a musical.  It didn't work.  Name the producer and the unsuccessful movie.

Is it Ross Hunter and Lost Horizon (1973)?

• Like 1

A perfect answer, Peebs.   Although "Lost Horizon: is not my favorite movie, it does contain some great musical numbers, with a score by Burt Bacharach.  But Ross Hunter certainly had a long list of successful, beautiful movies.  It's all yours.

• Like 1

Thanks, Terrence!  Good question.

Next:  Here's a pretty easy one, I think.  Keeping with the last question, what is name of the fictional setting of  Lost Horizon?