Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

It sure is, Terrence.  It was just shown on Noir Alley on TCM last weekend.   His brother, Tom Conway also succeeded George in "The Falcon" movie series.  Zsa Zsa Gabor was the ex-wife.  A few years later, George married her sister, Magda.  Nice work, Terrence.  It's now your thread. 

This was an easy one for me since I'm so fond of this movie.  And what a cast!  Great roles for actresses.   OK.  Let's try this one:

This Southern comedy/drama starred three Oscar-winning actresses.  In fact, one of the three was also nominated for this movie.

2 hours ago, Terrence1 said:

Not quite the answer I'm looking for.  In addition t the three afore-mentioned actresses, another actress was nominated for Best 

Supporting Actress for this movie.

Crimes of the Heart (1986)?  

Thanks, Terrence.

Next:  On what wholesome classic TV sitcom did Jack Nicholson make two guest appearances as different characters in 1966 & 67 ?  He played a father who along with his wife leave their baby on the courthouse steps.  He later played a man on trial.  One of the main characters,a befuddled aunt, is on the jury and believes he is innocent.

1 hour ago, Terrence1 said:

I think this is The Andy Griffith Show.

Yes!  I ran into one of the episodes recently.  Jack Nicholson seems a very unlikely addition to Mayberry.  Thanks for responding , Terrence.

Would you like to do the next one?

Watch: The last time Jack Nicholson appeared on a TV show was on The Andy  Griffith Show            Jack Nicholson on The Andy Griffith Show | The andy griffith show, Jack  nicholson, Andy griffith

6 hours ago, Terrence1 said:

Speaking of The Andy Griffith Show, this Oscar-nominated actress appeared in an episode as a woman caught speeding through Mayberry.

Is it Jean Hagen?

Yes, that is correct, Chaya.  Next:  There once was a TV sitcom that featured a talking basset hound, at least we TV viewers heard it talk.  What was the name of the sitcom and what was the name of the dog?

"The People's Choice" is correct, Terrence.  Jackie Cooper was the star and  Cleo was voiced by actress Mary Jane Croft, who also played neighbor Clara Randolph on "The Adventures Ozzie And Harriet".   Terrence, it's your turn now.