Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

This popular and very successful television personality made his starring dramatic film debut in the early 60s.

On TV he was associated with young people and their music, so this film consisted of up and coming young talent in the acting and music professions.

Please identify the movie, the TV personality who starred in it and at least one of the young cast members.

12 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

This popular and very successful television personality made his starring dramatic film debut in the early 60s.

On TV he was associated with young people and their music, so this film consisted of up and coming young talent in the acting and music professions.

Please identify the movie, the TV personality who starred in it and at least one of the young cast members.

This is a guess:  Is it Dick Clark?  He starred in Jamboree! (1957) and  Fats Domino was one of the performers. 

• Like 1
Just now, Peebs said:

This is a guess:  Is it Dick Clark?  He starred in Jamboree! (1957) and  Fats Domino was one of the performers. 

That's not exactly the answer I was thinking about, but I think it fits the bill.

And the old rocker Jerry Lee was in that one too.

Peebs,  It's yours.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Princess!

Next:  What real life musical duo guest-starred on an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show?  In 1965's episode called "The Redcoats Are Coming"  the duo played Ernie and Freddy and the Petries have to hide them in their home before the show to avoid Beatlemania-like crowds of screaming fans.  

Chad and Jeremy

(They were very sweet and had nice music but Peter and Gordon were my favorites. 💟)

2 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Thanks, Princess!

Next:  What real life musical duo guest-starred on an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show?  In 1965's episode called "The Redcoats Are Coming"  the duo played Ernie and Freddy and the Petries have to hide them in their home before the show to avoid Beatlemania-like crowds of screaming fans.  

• Like 2
Just now, Princess of Tap said:

Chad and Jeremy

(They were very sweet and had nice music but Peter and Gordon were my favorites. 💟)

Yep!  Of course you are correct.  I had a feeling you'd get this one right away, Princess.  ;) 

You're up...

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Let's stick with Dick Van Dyke.

What very talented and very handsome American music songbook singer romanced Sally/Rose Marie on  "The Dick Van Dyke Show"?

I think it was Vic Damone

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Terrence1 said:

Elvis Presley?

Yep, that's correct.  Apparently it fell through in part because Colonel Tom Parker had demanded a $1 million salary  for Elvis.  

Your turn, Terrence. 

• Like 1

Long before these two actors co-starred in a movie, they both played the same role in two different versions of a classic tale.  Name the two actors, the name of the movie in which they each played the same role, and the movie in which they co-starred.