Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

33 minutes ago, Terrence1 said:

Chaya, are you there?

I think we can just consider this thread open at this point...

Next:  What was the name of the original oldest son on My Three Sons and how did they write his character off the show? 

That takes me back,

Tim Considine was Mike Douglas on "My Three Sons".

On 9/9/2021 at 11:59 AM, Peebs said:

I think we can just consider this thread open at this point...

Next:  What was the name of the original oldest son on My Three Sons and how did they write his character off the show? 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, cinemaman said:

What  veteran  character  actress  had  an  role  on  Family  Affair.  Please  name  the  actress  and  the  part  she  played.  Thanks

Are you talking about Mr. French's nanny friend? Heather Angel as Miss Faversham?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, cinemaman said:

That  is  the  correct   answer.  Nice  job  LUCKYDAN,  the  thread  is  yours.  Thanks

What leading member of the ensemble cast of St. Elsewhere got his start working in theater with Orson Welles, and later enjoyed a long association with Alfred Hitchcock in both movies and television? 

A famous Hollywood couple (he did movies and television and won an Oscar for a supporting role) had a daughter who appeared on a well known TV series of the late 90's to early 2000's.

Please name 

1) the couple and the iconic TV show they co-starred on

2) the name of their characters on that show

3) the movie the actor won a supporting Oscar for (sorry for poor grammar)

4)their daughter's real name and the name of the character she played on the show (which means you should include the name of the show).

On 9/14/2021 at 4:20 PM, chaya bat woof woof said:

A famous Hollywood couple (he did movies and television and won an Oscar for a supporting role) had a daughter who appeared on a well known TV series of the late 90's to early 2000's.

Please name 

1) the couple and the iconic TV show they co-starred on

2) the name of their characters on that show

3) the movie the actor won a supporting Oscar for (sorry for poor grammar)

4)their daughter's real name and the name of the character she played on the show (which means you should include the name of the show).

May need a hint here, Chaya.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

Hint #1 - though the actor won  his supporting actor Oscar for playing another actor, his best known role is in a Hitchcock film.  

Still very general.  I got nothing.

I think the two stars are Martin Landau and Barbara Bain.  Their TV series in the sixties was "Mission Impossible".  He played Rollin Hand and she played Cinnamon Carter.  He won his Oscar for playing Bela Lugosi in the 1994 movie "Ed Wood".  Prior to "Mission Impossible", he was known for playing one of the villains in Hitchcock's "North By Northwest".  Their daughter, Juliet Landau, played a character named Drusilla on "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer" and later on the spinoff show "Angel". 

You know, Chaya, there's a Husband And Wife thread on these boards and this question would have fit well in that thread.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

An actor who was one of the stars of the "Law and Order" TV series, had previously been a regular cast member of "Mission Impossible".   Who was that actor? 

Oh yeah! The first Jim! Don't know his name though.